Product Creation, Development & Management
Converse, Business Management and Licensing Operations Director
Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Be a Product of Rad Society
We’ve got the goods. We just need the people who believe in the goods. That’s you. You see the product in the space. And you get how to make it leave the space. In someone’s bag, on someone’s feet. You’re a trendwatcher. A callmaker. Maybe even a visionary. You throw Product and Retail into a blender and make it come out as smooth delicious Success.
This role will play a meaningful role powering up Converse Energy Strategy by working across a cross-functional ecosystem in order to enable key partnerships which focus on strong global followings and communities with social PR strength. Key accountabilities of the role as follows:
- Strong strategy, business planning, financial competence, and negotiation skills.
- Partner with the Energy Team to build long-term road map to meet enterprise goals with emphasis on financial guardrails.
- Partner with Sr Director Brand Energy Relationship Management to initiate business relationship conversations with collaborators and Licensees.
- Liaison with Global/GEO commercial teams and collaborators/licensees to establish distribution strategy and door count.
- Negotiate initial Deal Terms with Partners including, but not limited to, royalty, minimum guarantees, unit volume, distribution rights, term, product offer, pricing, and liquidation strategy.
- Lead the contract negotiation process and tracking, in partnership with legal, between Collaborators/Licensees and the business/brand.
- Run post launch business relationship and amendments with collaborators/licenses regarding product lifecycles, excess inventory, and discounts.
- Lead Licensees and Licensor relationships including contract negotiation & solutions, reviewing/approving of submissions and promotion/marketing initiatives.
- Structure, draft, and negotiate contractual terms and contact administration for licensing-in and licensing-out opportunities.
- Responsible for contract close-out, extension, and renewal, and communicating contractual changes to all external and internal partners.
- Experience working closely with legal teams to build strategies, develop contract templates and general negotiation guidelines.
- Provide contract-related issue resolution, both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with internal product merchandising teams to build forecast and negotiate adequate minimum sales and minimum guarantee and profitability models. Partners with PM to establish business growth targets and number of partnerships required to achieve goals.
- Licensing - In: works closely with finance to ensure timely submission of royalty reporting and supervises sales performance based on agreed terms and minimums.
- Licensing - Out: works closely with external partners to ensure timely delivery of royalty reporting, tracking of MG, minimum sales and channel distribution.
- Lead all aspects of licensing End-to-End inclusive of aiding in Analytics, Reporting & Hindsight of license projects including performance, profitability, and potential liquidation models.
PARTNERSHIP & COMMUNICATION
- Ability to work independently, influence across functions and drive results in complex situations.
- Strong inter-personal, communication and organizational skills required.
- Confirmed leadership skills in leading/influencing teams and implementing key business initiatives.
- Participate in cross functional meetings with internal customers to collect and consolidate requirements and establish specifications; Works alongside Brand, Product Merchandising, Design, Marketplace, Legal, Finance, and other internal customers.
- Deep love and knowledge of fashion, design and pop culture and the Converse brand
- Performs work in support of brand plans; integrates company mission into daily work and planning; leads or participates in key initiatives, programs or products with moderate to wide visibility.
- Responsible for actions and handling risks that have shared or moderate impact on own business and have limited short-term impact on company assets.
- Advances decisions and actions impacting company image require senior leadership oversight and/or are constrained by policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Business Administration & Management or combination of relevant education, experience, and training.
- Minimum 8 years proven track record working in licensing business or industry
- Prior management or leadership experience
- Excellent communication and influence skills, both verbally and written
- Confirmed experience identifying and driving business development initiatives
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.