Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the NIKE, Inc. Product team into motion. The team of developers, testers, engineers, designers and managers obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. They skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
* Reporting to the PCC Team Lead, he or she will lead and direct product development process and development team to ensure successful category business.
* Product Development: Act as advocate for development needs and provide expertise related to materials, garment construction, and development process. Manage workflow either directly or through Developers. Address and resolve issues in a timely manner. Plan and manage resources and expenses against the budget. Guide and influence the product process toward timely execution of product in collaboration with cross-matrix counterparts.
* Process Improvement: Work with development and factory leadership to identify alternative and efficient approaches to getting the job done today, and approaches that will efficiently meet future business needs.
* Material Development: Develop and Coordinate material development projects in conjunction with Materials team and Factory
* Innovation: Champion category product integrity by encouraging innovation and emphasizing quality, price and feasibility.
* Leadership: coach and mentor development staff. Work with development and category leadership to manage human resource planning including recruiting, hiring, performance management, salary administration, training and succession planning.
*Bachelor Degree holder with minimum of 9 years of experience in the areas of Apparel / Textile product development relevant fields, management and/or coaching experience involving apparel product development is highly preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of the following applications: Knowledge of apparel/accessory construction, material construction and properties, costing, application and screenprinting. Good understanding of design and development processes from inception through production.
*Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin, including meeting facilitation and presentations
*Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience
*Ability to develop strong working relationships across a broad set of stakeholder groups
*Ability to establish an independent view, effectively collaborate in decision-making, and motivate staff toward to results, especially during difficult situations or on tough organizational issues
*Financial acumen (material, manufacturing costs/FOB)
*Passionate about product and finding simple ways to solve complex problems
*Ability to influence others in leading changes.
*Ability to lead initiatives and project teams.
*Ability to exercise high degree of professionalism.
*Demonstrated leadership capability including the ability to mentor and motivate team in the function
NIKE is an equal opportunity employer - Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purpose only.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.