Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
To work in retail is to be the face of NIKE, Inc. With a relentless focus on product knowledge and customer service, Nike Retail teams give valuable experiences to consumers every day. From Shanghai to San Francisco, every store has a unique perspective and hosts an inspiring community of sport and style devotees. A career in Nike Retail demands creativity and ambition and offers the opportunity to grow with some of the best athletes, teammates and retail partners in the industry.
As Assistant Store Manager (Nike Assistant Head Coach) you know how to make retail personal. It’s not about transactions, it's about connections. You will focus on execution, product presentation and service, to show your team and the customer what you know - what’s great about the product and why. To that end you will be
* Assist Head Coach (Store Manager) by managing one or more of the store functions (sales, merchandising, operations, accounting, etc.) or by managing a particular floor/business in a store.
* Perform all store management functions in absence of Head Coach
* Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business support staff
* Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
* Applies management skills to improve efficiency and accomplish operational objectives within own unit
* You'll be responsible for recruiting and hiring top talent to ensure a diverse and energetic work environment.
* Sets priorities for employees to meet daily deadlines; develops plans to meet short-term objectives
* Performs work in support of brand plans; demonstrates link between daily work and company mission; participates in initiatives, and programs.
* Prepare statistical and narrative reports of store activities
* May communicate with Visual team and/or oversee physical site maintenance
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 4 years retail experience, or 5 years retail experience in lieu of a degree.
* A minimum of 3 years management experience, including experience in coaching, counseling and developing people
* Ability to lead a high level of customer service in a Brand Retailer
* Ability to recruit, lead, and manage a team
* Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Note to Recruitment Agencies: NIKE is not accepting candidate submissions from recruitment agencies NIKE does not have existing contracts with. NIKE will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring of candidates whose resumes were submitted to NIKE employees or NIKE offices without NIKE’s prior permission.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.