Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the NIKE, Inc. Product team into motion. The team of developers, testers, engineers, designers and managers obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. They skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
Key Accountabilities include:
* work with Product Creation Cost Engineers to inform, drive and facilitate decisions throughout the product creation process to deliver against product briefs and NIKE’s profitability expectations.
* work closely with NIKE Development, Engineering, Planning, and Manufacturing Partners to actively manage cost drivers in the Bill of Labor and Bill of Materials. This includes detailed review/analysis of documentation and actual manufacturing processes for complete, accurate and optimized product costing.
* lead and influence costing and optimization discussions with Manufacturing Partners throughout all phases of creation and production. You will clearly and concisely communicate costing recommendations, leveraging engineering and manufacturing knowledge, for product or process improvements.
* contribute to the evolution of the Cost Engineering function in GSM by defining new processes and tools to drive competitive, sustainable and standardized costing for all products.
* collaborate with Engineering and Manufacturing Partners to establish new labor process standards and capture value for modernization initiatives.
* support the continuous improvement of NIKE’s strategic costing framework including leading functional and program initiatives turning costing and manufacturing concepts into reality.
This role will act as both an internal and external subject matter expert in NIKE Costing.
Requirements for the position include:
* Bachelor's degree with a focus in Engineering, Business Management or related field
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience including Engineering, Development, Automation, Lean, Manufacturing, Product Costing preferred. Related disciplines also acceptable
* Knowledge of footwear construction, manufacturing, innovation, costing, and global business management; experience with footwear supply chain preferred
* A pragmatic thinker and creative problem solver, who will research and drive collective resolution on both structural framework and tactical costing issues
* Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, be results-oriented, and work productively in an environment of ambiguity
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong influencing, motivational and leadership skills
* High proficiency using MS Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
NIKE is an equal opportunity employer - Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purpose only.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.