Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. Retail Corporate is the backbone to stores around the world. A global network of teams — Finance, Human Resources, Talent Development, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Strategic Planning — direct the daily operations of Nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores. Retail Corporate teams share the same passion and energy for the brand as their in-store teammates, and it shows: Retail continues to be one of Nike’s top areas of growth.
At Nike, you would be responsible for being part of a team that is building the next generation of personalized experiences that power many of our digital channels delivering direct and unbreakable relationships with hundreds of millions of our customers. We're looking for a full-stack data scientist who will bring innovative ideas from multiple disciplines, including distributed computing, large-scale system design, analytics, machine learning, code and model optimization, UI design; to name a few. Someone who understands local data challenges, technology trends, and integration opportunities that aligns with Nike's key strategic initiatives. A full stack data scientist who has expertise in integrating in-house marketing strategies and personalization initiatives with leading e-commerce platforms such as Tmall and WeChat. A candidate who thrives in a dynamic setting and who can help Nike accelerate our strategic personalization goals.
The velocity team operates like a startup where your contribution will have a direct impact on helping Nike accelerate personalization science capabilities in Greater China. You will be at the center of Nike's key strategic initiative that values personalization on top of the list of our organization's digital transformation. Work closely with our business partners in China, various personalization science teams in the world headquarters, data, and ML engineering partners. You'll get to work with scientists and engineers with a breadth of experiences across industry and academia, including machine learning, statistics, neuroscience, and physics. This is a chance to work with incredible talent and learn skills that will take your career to the next stage.
* Drive personalization initiatives of digital experiences for Nike’s members in Greater China utilizing state-of-the art machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling
* Understand, describe, and predict the shopping behavior of our members in order to optimize customer acquisition, engagement, conversion, experience, and brand loyalty
* Work closely with our business partners on identifying opportunities that would enhance our member experiences through ML solutions
* Collaborate with Nike's privacy and legal teams, making sure we can introduce ML algorithms to the GC user base that respects local privacy and data collection regulations and guideline
* Partner with other Nike personalization science and data engineering teams to improve data collection and data integration challenges
* Integrate and expand existing personalization ML capabilities to Nike’s Chinese digital ecosystem
* B.S. in CS, statistics, applied math, physics or other quantitative discipline
* Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) preferred
Required Skills and Experience:
* 2+ years of experience in a data science or machine learning engineering role
* Experience working with large scale data and analytics in a distributed computing platform such as Spark
* Experience with neural nets and deep architectures preferred
* Ability to understand, utilize and innovate on state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling
* Experience with A/B test experimentation processes
* Knowledge of data structure design concepts and code/model optimization techniques
* Experience developing production ML/Data Science code in Python
* Excellent communication and data visualization skills
* Experience leveraging big data and deploying models at scale, experience with Spark a plus
* Proficiency in SQL language
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.