Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the NIKE, Inc. Product team into motion. The team of developers, testers, engineers, designers and managers obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. They skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
* Manages the product creation process from initial concept through to commercialization and production for assigned models to lead to on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
* Collaborates with Design, Brand and Category Management, Merchandising, and Manufacturing, to effectively execute on product development goals and deliverables
* Creates and revises appropriate documentation for assigned products; ensures all appropriate development documentation is maintained including product specs and prototype notes.
* Tracks and facilitates sampling and prototyping for products; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in construction/manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested product. Monitors and communicates progress and challenges throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements.
* Keeps abreast of market trends, category goals, new technology and consumer needs throughout the
* development process and engages appropriately to ensure projects are completed within corporate guidelines and goals for all facets of product creation.
Specific Work Experience
* Proven experience in the field of Product Creation including fit, construction, materials, and the product creation life cycle.
* Proficient project manager and problem solver able to handle highly complex product
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
* Strong influencing skills and ability to champion complex projects both cross functionally and vertically within the organization.
* Strong understanding of product construction, materials, and the product creation life cycle.
* Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design, Pattern Making, Textile Science or related field.
* Experience with proven knowledge of the development process from inception through production, including but not limited to pattern making, grading, construction, costing, manufacturing, embroidery, materials and machinery
* Ability to work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
* Demonstrated skills in problem solving and innovative solutions
* Ability to write product specs and advanced construction instructions
* Ability to work with vendors to ensure and improve manufacturability
* Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions
* Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain difficult concepts and influence others to adopt a different point of view
* Ability to manage a high workload and multiple projects
* Proficiency with MS Office programs
* Ability to use Adobe Illustrator and CAD Pattern Design software (Optitex/Browzwear) highly desired
* Ability to travel 10-20% including International travel
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.