Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
ED&A team ensures trusted data is available and consistent, capture high quality consumer data, builds analytical products and capabilities and enables fast and seamless integration across Nike’s technology solution.
Our team purposefully innovate solutions needed to help navigate Nike’s leading position in the constantly evolving marketplace.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a high performing Engineering Manager to play a critical role in the development of Nike’s Enterprise Data & Analytics capabilities. You will lead the team with a focus on the development of new solutions and capabilities for various business functions across NIKE. As a leader, you are thoughtful, aspirational, and adept at motivating teams through ambiguous situation to successful outcomes.
Now, more than ever, Technology needs to respond quickly to turn market disruptions into opportunities for our brand. To achieve this, we must continue to develop our Enterprise Analytics, Data Science & Machine Learning capabilities and team to ensure we’re maximizing the power of the Nike enterprise in the analytics/machine learning space and managing data.
Candidate should have
* Strong sense of OWNERSHIP
* Bias for ACTION
* INNOVATIVE mindset
* Hire & Develop BEST PEOPLE
* TECHNOLOGY evangelist
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
* Leading the delivery of scalable data and analytics solutions
* Implementing new and open source technologies
* Design and build reusable components, frameworks and libraries at scale to support analytics data products
* Leading and evolving data and analytics products.
* Lead, Inspire, Coach and Grow team of engineers
* Partner with product managers and analytics leaders to help prioritize work
* Guide technology decisions that drive Nike standard methodologies.
* Partner with other engineering teams across Nike, to collaborate on specific technologies and build out various data sets together.
* Leading discussions to scale out data architecture to process large data sets, and solve various data challenges.
* Partner with enterprise platform and architecture, strategizing together to drive roadmaps and use standards and platforms at Nike.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be working with diverse team of smart, intelligent and creative people. At Nike we embrace and celebrate unique talent and experience of our teammates.
In this role you’ll be working closely with passionate and drive Product Management team, Architects, Engineers, Data Analysts, Internal partners and other departments. They will span across various groups including Demand and Supply Management, Supply Chain, Commercial Analytics, and Consumer Insights. You will be in contact with a wide range of great people. One of Nike’s maxims is "Win as a Team". In all interactions, you will find success in teamwork, a positive attitude, and hard work
* 10+ years solution development and technology experience
* 5 years in a management or leadership role
* Strong skills in team leadership and building positive relationships across Product and Engineering.
* Experience working in Agile and Scrum development process
* Experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
* Practical approach to solving complex problems with ambiguous requirements
* Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud platform tools
* Experience working with Data warehousing tools, including Dynamo DB, SQL, Amazon Redshift, and Snowflake
* Experience architecting data product in Streaming, Serverless and Micro-Services based Architecture and platform.
* Experience working with Data platforms, including EMR, Data Bricks etc
* Experience working with distributed technology tools, including Spark, Presto, Scala, Python, Databricks, Airflow
* Working knowledge of Data warehousing, Data modeling, Governance and Data Architecture
* Working knowledge of Reporting & Analytical tools such as Tableau, Quicksite etc.
* Demonstrated experience in learning new technologies and skills
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.