Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Automation Engineering space, join Nike’s Technology Automation Engineering organization. We are a fast pace DevOps organization that is always looking and moving forward to ensure we deliver platforms and solutions to meet our ever changing customer needs. We are responsible for delivering high quality hardware and software platforms to the Enterprise, on time and quicker than before. Working in our organization is rewarding and challenging, and like no other job you have had before.
As a Dev OPs Engineer in our Automation Engineering team, your role on the team will include delivering high quality platforms and software via our CICD pipeline to our customers. You will work with fellow team members in an Agile team setting and ensuring stories are successfully delivered by the end of each sprint. You will need to be a thought leader in the Automation and DevOps space and be able to drive change across the Automation team while continuously assessing areas for innovation.
* Develop and follow operational best practices for tools and automation development. Including: Style guides, versioning practices, source control, branching and merging patterns and advising other engineers on development standards
* Develop and advocate for CICD best practices, standards and processes
* Provide support to our operations team to support, maintain and upgrade the existing configuration management environment
* Help evaluate, build and deploy tools to assist with deployment framework required for each Enterprise platform
* Develop solutions in alignment with departmental goals, SLA's for availability, scalability and resiliency
* Help develop strategies for zero down time deployments and patching
* Partner with stakeholders to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement in the deployment and build processes
* Help troubleshoot issues and work with the team to address root cause to minimize the chance of a second occurrence.
* Find opportunities to automate as part of the problem management process, creating automation to avoid issues.
Familiar with DevOps practices and continuous testing.
WHAT YOU BRING
* 3-5 years’ experience functioning as a Sr Automation Engineer or Sr DevOps Engineer
* 3-5 years’ experience in Linux Administration, Engineering and Automation
* 3-5 years’ experience developing, delivering and operating modern cloud platforms / large scale distributed systems
* 3-5 years’ experience working with revision control systems including Git
* 3-5 years’ experience working in Agile teams and project teams
* Automation background in multiple scripting languages
* Direct experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar Configuration Management tools
* Cloud automation experience with Terraform, CloudFormation or similar
* Hands on experience with delivering and managing solutions on AWS, Azure and/or GCP
* Production experience with containers, container runtimes (i.e. Kubernetes), and/or serverless technologies
* Desire to learn and continually improve self and others though knowledge sharing
* Closely work with a team of Automation engineers and ensure that the tasks are completed on time with top notch Quality
* Should be able to work on multiple tracks on priority basis in a fast paced environment
* Should serve as an escalation point to resolve blocking issues, dependencies, risks
* Closely work with Product Management, Development team, IT Ops team for ensuring resolution of issues and prioritization of work
* Sustain the various ongoing activities and processes of automation team like - Updating Stories and Features, Automation and Continuous Integration, Adherence to CICD pipeline processes and checklist etc.
* Excellent Communication and Stake Holder Management Skills.
* Should be able to work closely with Leads, Enterprise Architect, Director/VP levels
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.