Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
The Integrated Media Director will lead the team and work with key partners to create and execute media campaigns for important brand narratives, product launches and 365 campaigns that recruit and retain members to the Nike Brand.
The Director of Integrated Media is responsible for driving the paid brand media for Nike China. With a team reporting into it, this role is responsible for setting the media and communications strategy, ensuring flawless plan implementation, directly managing the agency partners and constantly elevating the marketing team understanding of best practice with a spirit of constant innovation. It brings together the knowledge, trends and insights of the ever evolving China media landscape with consumer marketing strategies and works closely with the marketing team to develop best in class marketing communications plans and programs in support of our brand business objectives.
Success in this role requires strong knowledge of and passion for media and communications landscape including: traditional, digital, social, content development, data, adtech and CRM. A desire to build brand communications strategies that meet our athletes where, when, how they want - from understanding audience dynamics to developing targeting and content strategies to identifying optimal partners, developing the voices of the brand through content and optimization through data and analytics - this role truly drives our performance at the intersection of brand strategies with consumer engagement and plays a pivotal role in how our brand equities evolve in China. The individual in this role must be able to adapt to a rapidly evolving environment and be willing to collaborate with marketing colleagues, external agencies, media partners and WHQ to drive our brand and communications effectiveness into the future. The position is responsible for the leadership and development of a team of approximately 7 who are direct reports, as well as associated external agencies. The position also interfaces with the Brand Marketing and associated cross-functional teams including Performance Marketing, Global, Procurement, and Finance.
GC Integrated Media Senior Director
• Gender Brand Marketing
• Consumer Direct Marketing
• Marketing Function Teams
• Media Science
• Performance Marketing
• Lead key communication strategic initiatives that span across categories while elevating digital and social capabilities for the organization
o Provide strategic media direction for each category, aligning with the various internal groups to develop fully integrated 360 programs
o Define and drive media strategies to meet company marketing and business objectives
o Collaborate and work with marketing and outside agency partners to plan, create and execute fully integrated and "big idea" programs with paid media, IP activities, digital and social media experiential components, in concert with marketing objectives
o Drive opportunities for digital, and social media experiences
o Understand and translate opportunities for business growth, leveraging data analytics
• Maintain a seamless process and communication flow between marketing, creative and media agencies
• Partner with outside vendors to craft customized media opportunities for each brand
• Partner with external resources and professional experts to ensure a constant inflow of relevant new knowledge about developments in the digital space to inform communication plans and priorities
o Stay updated on industry trends and act as the ‘go-to’ resource for all things "media"
o Provide advice and counsel to e-Commerce team on all relevant issues relating to digital marketing, social media, eCommerce advertising and content initiatives
• Manage agency expense and communications budget in concert with brand teams and finance
• Establish measures of success for the team overall, and individual strategies and programs, and develop and manage systems for tracking progress and acting on results
• Help Marketing to infuse a digital-first mindset into all communications efforts
• Lead and develop the team of direct reports to maximize their potential and effectiveness
• 10+ years’ experience in leading media planning and strategy, with direct experience in managing Paid, Owned and Earned channels
• Strong knowledge and passion for the ever evolving media landscape, especially deep knowledge in Digital
• Experience in leading integrated media programs across communications channels
• Direct experience managing brand strategies and communication development a plus
• Passion for people development and leadership, direct experience developing and leading a team effectively
• Proficient in Chinese and English (Verbal & Written)
• Strong leader and creative thinker that can work with partner teams to generate break-through ideas and translate them into a clear and successful communication strategy(s) and plans
• Demonstrated experience and success in managing and working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
• Understanding of relevant digital analytics
• Awareness of the latest digital, social/influencer and content trends
• Results-driven and organized, demonstrating the ability to lead and motivate others
• Adept at managing multiple projects concurrently and work collaboratively with all levels
• Strong presentation and storytelling skills
• Works well under pressure, thriving under deadlines and a change-driven environment
• Strong knowledge of marketing principles, as well as strong strategic and analytical skills
• Sensitivity to P&L management preferred
Marketing team at Nike Greater China helps set the brand tone. We act as a creative force of specialists, driven to tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing team connects the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes.
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Every employee brings inspiration and innovation to our business and we seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.