Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Nike’s marketing technology landscape has exploded over the past 10 years with thousands of marketing and advertising platforms coming into existence. This explosion has fueled the increase in fragmented and siloed data sources within Nike. The purpose of the planning to activation strategy is to create an end-to-end connected ecosystem that delivers effective and efficient planning and production marketing capabilities to maximize the return on investment for Nike’s global consumer experiences.
What does this mean for our users across the Marketing and Technology ecosystem?
An integrated and insight driven toolset will provide:
* Insights - Integrated tooling and connected ID’s create opportunities to provide data within every step of the marketing process, to improve business and operational decisions
* Speed - Integrated tooling removes the need to duplicate tasks or create overviews manually which decreases time needed to align or execute.
* Accessibility - Global platform for planning and asset management gives every global marketer access to the same information and assets.
* Cost & Value - Better decisions, less time needed to align or execute and access to all assets reduces costs and creates business value.
* To drive insights and performance metrics, we need to ensure data is stored, normalized and accessible in a common data warehouse.
* Insights into campaign, story, and execution performance.
* Insights into content created, adopted, and published.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
* Be a prolific code contributor and will be encouraged to demonstrate code and product ownership.
* Design, implement, and maintain a variety of user interfaces for Nike’s tools.
* Seek to enhance the user experience by creating seamless navigation through various digital programs and interfaces within the company.
* Combine interface design concepts with digital design and establish milestones to encourage cooperation and teamwork.
* Develop overall concepts for improving the user experience within a business webpage or product, ensuring all interactions are intuitive and convenient for customers.
* Collaborate with back-end web developers and programmers to improve usability.
* Work in a fast-paced agile environment.
* Help identify all tasks for a feature and the dependencies between tasks and features.
* Review other developer’s code.
* Advocate and write enterprise standard quality coding practices unit and e2e tests.
* Assist in solving problems and resolving production issues raised from customer support.
* Collaborate with other outstanding engineers to power the most exciting digital experiences for athletes on the market.
* Experience working with Product Managers, other development teams, and QA teams to accelerate software development and increase quality.
* Meet with marketers and authors to improve their workflow and efficiency.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
This role is part of the Nike’s Content Planning team within Marketing Technology.
* Bachelor's degree. Preference for Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems.
* Minimum 8 years of hands-on experience as part of a development team, building scalable applications.
* Consistent track record as a highly productive developer with front-end technologies.
* Experience in React/Redux, Express, Node.JS. Angular 8+, Vue JS can also be screened. Exposure to many frameworks is nice to have.
* Knowledge of HTML including Flexbox, semantic markup, accessibility, and concepts such as OOCSS, BEM and ATOMIC.
* Knowledge of CSS and CSS2, including cross-browser compliance.
* Knowledgeable with version control systems (Git) and issue tracking tools (JIRA).
* E2E testing framework, such as Cypress or Protractor.
* Unit test frameworks such as Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Chai, Sinon.
* Experience with CD/CI and related tools (Jenkins etc.).
* Docker experience a plus.
* Hands on experience in AWS.
* Strong communication skills and phenomenal product sense.
* Passion for sports!
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.