Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
We are building solutions for the management and delivery of communications at the scale of Nike’s global athlete community. We rely upon Agile principles to devise cloud-based solutions to build a best-in-class communications platform. We participate in the open-source community and partner with key vendors. At our core we are a team with diverse talents and interests that strive to build world class platforms. Together we will build a world class communications platform, which is a key piece to the global marketing teams for the delivery of targeted content to the world’s athletes.
Goals of the Marketing Technology group at Nike:
* Automate the production of marketing images and video.
* Support Nike’s Marketing team to inspire athletes using digital media.
* Measure our impact and continually improve our connection to the consumer.
As our Lead Engineer, you will play an integral role in developing an innovative and highly scalable platform to support the end-to-end process from planning to delivery of targeted marketing communications.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
* Innovating, architecting, designing, and implementing highly available, scalable systems, focusing on highly visible marketing initiatives.
* Participating in the construction of new features and identifying areas for improvement proactively.
* Collaborating with product team members at Nike to design, develop, and deploy a highly scalable digital asset management system and services.
* Collaborate with upstream and downstream technical teams to develop integrations to provide a seamless flow of our marketing assets from planning to delivery.
* Provide technical leadership and best engineering practices to continuously deliver working software.
* You will use your in-depth experience in software development to writing clean, tested, and well-documented code, as well as lead the peer code review process and partner with other engineers on the team.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
This role is part of the Nike’s Communications Platform team within Marketing Technology.
* Academic background in computer science (BS or MS) or equivalent work experience.
* 8+ years’ experience developing highly scalable applications, APIs, and services.
* Senior level experience with Full Stack skills in Node.js/Java8/Spring and React.
* Experience using cloud services to build an integrated application (AWS preferred).
* Proven track record of building a microservice architecture.
* Expertise with designing and tuning relational database (MySQL) and non-relation DB (MongoDB, Dynamo DB).
* Technical leadership experience in projects involving scaled out and distributed applications.
* Experience working with Product Managers, other development teams, and QA teams to accelerate software development and increase quality.
* Be a self-starter with a passion for technology and a burning desire to constantly improve yourself, the product, and the codebase.
* Comfortable working within an exciting fast-paced environment by reducing ambiguity and building trust with the team.
* Willingness to explore new technologies and creative solutions.
* Strong at estimating work, planning, organization, and implementing complex software projects.
* Experience with implementing CI/CD and leading teams with DevOps responsibilities of deploying and supporting the software in production.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.