Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
We are building solutions for the management and delivery of text, image and video at the scale of Nike’s global athlete community. We rely upon Agile principles to devise cloud-based solutions to build a best-in-class digital asset management platform. We participate in the open-source community and partner with key vendors. At our core we are a team with diverse talents and interests that strive to build world class platforms. Together we will build a world class asset management and delivery platform. This platform is a key piece to the automates and delivery of dynamic media content to the world’s athletes. It feels natural for this team to solve challenges that come our way like solving the digital asset production and management.
Goals of the Marketing Technology group at Nike:
* Automate the production of marketing images and video.
* Support Nike’s Marketing team to inspire athletes using digital media.
* Collaborate with media production teams to support their creative process.
* Measure our impact and continually improve our connection to the consumer.
The Nike Direct strategy is centered on selling directly to our consumers and building a relationship with those consumers, driven by membership. However, our consumers typically only buy from us 1.5 times per year on average. In order to build a daily habit and relationship with our consumers, Nike will be heavily dependent on leveraging non-product-centric content. The Content Engine is at the center of this strategy. Our capabilities support storytelling, content delivery and globalization across Core Commerce, Activity, SNKRS, WeChat, Communications, Nike Partners, and Retail.
The Asset Platform team will focus on making a scalable repository for Nike’s digital media that is indexed and searchable. We will use the cloud to scale our application and technologies like Aspera to help move assets around the globe.
We are looking for experienced Engineering Manager to join our team in Bengaluru, India.
The engineering manager supports a squad of world class engineers, manages delivery priorities and ensures high quality and well architected solutions are delivered on time and within budget
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
* Provide engineering leadership and best practices to continuously deliver working software.
* Collaborating with product team members at Nike to design, develop, and deploy a highly scalable digital asset management system and services.
* Collaborate with upstream and downstream technical teams to develop integrations to provide a seamless flow of our marketing assets from planning to delivery.
* Participating in the construction of new features and identifying areas for improvement proactively.
* The squad you lead will work on innovating, architecting, designing, and implementing highly available, scalable systems, focusing on highly visible marketing initiatives.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
This role is part of the Nike’s Brand Asset Management team within Marketing Technology.
* Academic background in computer science (BS or MS) or equivalent work experience.
* A minimum of 5 years management experience of high performing software engineering teams and total 12+ years of experience in software development.
* Leadership in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline development team environment.
* Exposure to backend development skills in Java8/Spring.
* Experience of building microservices using cloud services to build an integrated application (AWS preferred).
* Exposure to tuning relational database (MySQL) and non-relation DB (MongoDB, Dynamo DB).
* Development experience with digital asset management systems like Nuxeo or Alfresco.
* Experience with building data-intensive web applications using modern UI frameworks like React or Polymer.
* Experience working with Product Managers, other development teams, and QA teams to accelerate software development and increase quality.
* Experience in hiring and ramping up the teams.
* Comfortable working within an exciting fast-paced environment by reducing ambiguity and building trust with the team.
* Willingness to explore new technologies and creative solutions.
* Strong at estimating work, planning, organization, and implementing complex software projects.
* Experience with implementing CI/CD and leading teams with DevOps responsibilities of deploying and supporting the software in production.
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
* Comfortable working with globally distributed and diverse teams.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.