Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
We are looking for director analytics engineering on the GC Enterprise Analytics Engineering team. You will work with a variety of hardworking Nike teammates and be a driving force for building world-class solutions for Nike Technology and its business partners, working on development projects related to Analytics, Commerce and Consumer behavior among others. Your strong problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills, desire to learn and share knowledge with others will position you well for this role.
What Will You Work On
you will manage and coordinate all the analytics engineering working regarding data activation/applications . Data is the life blood of Nike's Direct to consumer strategy!
You will develop and implement the data analytics engineering strategy with your peers to enable global Nike goals. In addition, you will challenge your teams to evolve their engineering practices and processes, pioneering new techniques to push the limits of productivity within the organization, collaborating with the product organization to ensure that your teams work on the most valuable data products used all across the company. Finally, you will mentor and elevate your teammates and help them get to the next stage of their careers. Being, at the same time, a core of the talent strategy, helping Nike find and retain top talent.
You thrive when surrounded by skilled colleagues and aim never to stop learning. We are looking for leaders who enjoy a collaborative and fast-paced environment where we develop and share new skills, mentor, and contribute knowledge and software back to the analytics and engineering communities both within Nike and at large. We value and nurture our culture by always looking to be collaborative, intellectually curious, fun, open, and diverse.
· Lead the engineering team to design and implement data products and features in collaboration with product owners, data analysts, and business partners using Agile / Scrum methodology.
· Contribute to overall architecture, frameworks, and patterns for processing, evaluate and apply new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing.
· Use continuous integration and deployment frameworks including automated unit tests and integration testing.
· Define and apply appropriate data acquisition and consumption strategies for given technical scenarios, build utilities, user defined. functions, libraries, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns.
· Engineering Delivery.
· Design and implement remediation data workflows and script prevalent in the Nike data ecosystem including automated routines using workflow orchestration tools.
· Drive the development of new data products and the optimization of existing solutions.
· Provide work estimates and represent work progress and challenges..
· Profile and analyze data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions
· Anticipate, identify and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality, address operational & performance issues, remove technical bottlenecks and perform root cause analysis as needed.
· Team Leadership and Collaboration.
· Drive collaborative reviews of designs, code, and test plans.
· Work with architecture, other engineering leads and teams to ensure quality solutions are implemented, and team adheres to defined engineering standard methodologies.
· Provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other data engineers.
What You Bring
· Bachelor/master degree in Computer Science or related technical subject area or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 12+ years of validated experience in software engineering, data engineering
* Experience building effective engineering teams and leading organizational and cultural change
* Strong problem solving and analytical mindset with a strong product and a customer-first mindset
* Experience establishing Engineering processes and best practices
* Familiarity with cloud architecture and technologies, in particular, AWS
* Familiarity with data engineering technologies, in particular, Sparks, Kafka and Databricks
* Familiarity with agile development and test-driven development
* Understanding of data modeling and software architecture
* Effective communication skills
* Expertise designing, estimating and implementing for complex software projects involving RDBMS systems, SQL and SQL Analytical functions. Strong programming experience, Python or Scala preferred.
* Expertise in scripting languages such as Shell, Python
* Ability to identify and solve issues concerning data management and data quality
* Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and data solutions
* Working experience in building cloud, scalable, real-time, and high-performance data lake solutions, preferably using AWS stack, would be an advantage
* Expertise in agile development and test-driven development
* Experience with data warehouse tools like Snowflake.
* Good understanding of principles of solution architecture and technical design
* Solid Experience with messaging/streaming/complex event processing tooling and frameworks such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink, Nifi, etc.
* Solid Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
* Solid Experience building RESTful API’s to enable data consumption.
* Knowledge of Nike Technology landscape including Dimensional data at Nike.
* Proven ability to quickly pick up new languages, technologies, and frameworks.
* Experience participating in key business, architectural and technical decisions, providing guidance and mentorship to other engineers.
* Experience in Agile/Scrum application development.
The following skills and experience are also relevant to our overall environment, and nice to have:
* experience with performance and scalability tuning (Understanding of Teradata capabilities and how to optimize design for performance within Teradata architecture.)
* Experience with build tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation and automation tools such as Jenkins or Circle CI.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.