Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.’s rapid pace of innovation demands a Legal team that is always on the offense. And they’re always on their game – with the mission to advance and guide Nike’s business through innovative, offense-minded counsel. Nike attorneys, paralegals and other specialists in law provide inventive approaches and superior counsel to Nike’s global business. As Nike changes the future of sport, the Nike Legal team drives competition, ingenuity and integrity in the marketplace.
As Champions of Nike’s Culture, Employee Relations Specialists serve team mates who work across all of Nike’s business channels to ensure appropriate and timely resolution of workplace concerns. ER Specialists provide advice and counsel on workplace matters, conduct non-complex workplace investigations, and serve as Subject Matter Experts on employment related policies. This role will report to GC Employment Legal & Employment Relation, Director.
* Intake, advise, counsel and investigate non-complex workplace matters in accordance to Nike’s Polices and Nike’s Standard ER Operating Procedures.
* Advise and consult with team mates on policies and Disciplinary Action.
* Assume ownership for investigative case assignments, monitors the status and partners with team mates to ensure appropriate resolution.
* Maintain data integrity and required documentation within the ER case management system for assigned cases.
* Maintain confidentiality.
* Adhere to ER service level agreements.
* Escalate complex workplace matters to ER Managers.
* Partner with ER Manages for guidance on approach to complex workplace issues.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Labor/Industrial Relations, Business or equivalent.
* Three (3) + years of Experience in an HR Generalist capacity.
* Basic knowledge of workplace complaint investigations, union avoidance, employee advocacy and EEO compliance.
* Oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
* Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel proficiency.
* Outstanding organizational skills; including the ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines, as well as multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience gathering, researching, analyzing and resolving workplace issues (including conduct, performance, and policy violations).
* Ability to establish trust and credibility.
* Able to work effectively at all levels in the organization.
* Ability to influence using a consultative approach.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.