Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. is transforming manufacturing with world-class standards that ensure our products are made responsibly and sustainably. Everything we do puts workers at the center. We are respecting the environment and using cutting-edge technologies to create better, more personalized products for our customers.
Many of the challenges we seek to address are complex and beyond the scope of one brand or company. We need to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to think creatively, and pool our skills in order to address risks and improve outcomes for our manufacturing factories, workers, and their communities.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Manager, Environment, Health & Safety for our Nike Air Manufacturing Innovations (AirMI) St. Charles, MO site.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
The Air MI Environment, Safety and Health Manager is responsible for leading Air MIs EHS site team and creating a safe and compliant work environment for our employees, partners, and communities. The Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager is instrumental in creating a proactive safety culture with site leadership and in driving awareness and accountability for EHS performance at all levels. This role works in close collaboration with manufacturing, engineering, maintenance and facilities to develop and implement sustainable EHS programs on site. The successful candidate will be both an effective influencer engaging, teaching and inspiring partners from different teams and a high performer, capable of working autonomously while remaining aligned with global AirMI EHS programs.
- Ensure operations follow all applicable federal, state and local regulations. Stay abreast of emerging legislation, informing leadership of potential impacts.
- Develop and implement AirMIs global EHS programs, providing support to local operations to customize the program to meet local requirements. Develop programs necessary for AirMI operations that are not covered by global standards.
- Collaborate with Training and Development to develop training matrix and effective health and safety training for hourly, supervisory, and management team members.
- Train supervisory team members to effectively use analytical safety tools including root cause, risk assessments and JHAs, providing oversight and continuous improvement in skills development.
- Actively participate in machine procurement process, leading the machine safety site acceptance test and risk assessment.
- Support internal and external inspections and audits. Provide technical support and oversight as necessary to ensure action items are closed by responsible parties.
- Provide support to continuously improve the safety culture as defined by site plan.
- Develop strong relationships with business leadership to ensure EHS is included in facility and asset planning and EHS is integrated into business decisions.
- Additional responsibilities as directed by the site leadership and EHS Director.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelors degree or higher in Environment, Health, Safety, or related field
- Relevant certifications preferred.
- Minimum 6 years practical experience with EHS program development, implementation, and management in a large manufacturing or similar complex EHS environment.
- Knowledge in EHS regulations and demonstrated experience managing relationships and issues with local regulatory authorities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, write and successfully implement global EHS programs in collaboration with cross functional teams and other EHS team members covering Global AirMI.
- Proficiency in conducting root cause investigations, in driving continuous improvement and in training others in critical thinking.
- Knowledge of safety, industrial hygiene and environmental testing methods.
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to work collaboratively and while influencing and impacting skills.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and quantitative, analytical skills, attentive to details, work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to manage, coach, and develop EHS direct reports and collaborate with teammates at other AirMI locations.
- Ability to organize and manage a complex workload and projects in a fast paced, matrixed organization.
- Adept command of Microsoft Office products, demonstrated ability to quickly and confidently learn new technologies and develop user train
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.