Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a Footwear Color Designer II for performance studio to combine their experience, problem solving abilities, and creativity to help build the future of Footwear Color Design. The ideal candidate needs to elevate the Nike athlete product experience with a focus on both the art & science of Color. In this role, you will drive an emotional connection to footwear through the use of narrative and storytelling.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
As the Footwear Color Designer, you will bring to life trend-relevant, narrative-driven concepts by being a color specialist at the product and collection level. This will require driving product excellence through the connection of design, development and manufacturing. Through research and deep consumer understanding, you will be on the cutting edge of color trends, fashion, art, design and sports-related products.
WHAT YOU BRING
Bachelor's Degree in design, graphics, or other relevant design field or a combination of relevant education, experience, and training.
- At least 4 years industry experience
- Passion for storytelling with the ability to translate narratives onto physical product
- Love of sport, curiosity for athlete insight and connection to sport style trends
- Ability to collaborate with other designers/Design Directors to create palettes and color flow based on category color strategy
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of color technology and how to achieve desired color effects: materials, dyes, finishes and color achievability
- Ability to build seasonal Graphic and Print designs and concepts, and explore new Graphic Design innovations and applications is desired but not required
- Provides color design support for design team as needed outside of assigned product load
- Ability to conduct in-depth research on athlete insights in order to drive innovative design solutions
- Creates and delivers powerful presentations of seasonal design proposals that effectively communicate the concept behind the line for internal and external audiences
- Ability to plan and execute the product color details and review all samples, troubleshoot for achievability issues and clearly communicate changes in order to ensure timely completion of each project
- Shows ability to self-manage and lead team through change and ambiguity. Promo work can change frequently based on athlete preference and contractual obligations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and Keynote on a Mac Platform
- Positive attitude and energetic
- Team player
- Collaborator and works well with others
- Speaks up with courage for self and the team
- Open minded, good listener and curious
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.