Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Innovation is oxygen for NIKE, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.
Be a part of Nike’s fast paced and challenging Innovation team that is the lifeblood of Nike. The Nike Explore Team (NXT) Engineering and Manufacturing is focused on developing and delivering footwear and apparel innovations to scale. The NXT Senior Maintenance Technician will be supporting our Advanced Products Creation Center (APCC) and helping to deliver bigger, bolder, deeper, and faster product concepts by bringing design and manufacturing closer together. You will be responsible for maintenance and repair program and processes for all equipment related to our innovation processes. Reporting to the APCC Facilities Manager, you will work with various project and business team to ensure equipment and operations are consistently running with minimal impacted downtime to enable a sustainable innovation business process.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and repairs machinery as needed in a timely manner
- Plans and executes preventative maintenance plan for all NXT machinery
- Ensure facility disruption is kept to a minimum
- Maintains maintenance request system
- Tracks maintenance schedules and warranty information
- Documents all work as required
- Orders parts, tools, materials and supplies as needed
- Works with vendors as necessary
- Ensures work is completed using appropriate safety guidelines
- Need to exert force and lift up to 50 pounds
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Technical writing skills
- Creative problem solving
- Independent, self-starter
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Innovation mindset
- Mechanical skills
- Basic electrical skills
- Hydraulic/pneumatic experience
- Safety experience preferred
- Project management experience
- General maintenance experience
- Ability to work effectively with campus partners such as safety, facilities and external vendors
- Experience with safety programs (i.e., Lockout Tagout, electrical, forklift, etc.)
- Experience with creating maintenance schedules
- Experience creating protocols, programs and documentation (including signage) for safety and operations
- Comfort level with non-standard or customized machinery
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE IN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Electrical licensed
- Control systems trouble shooting and repair
- PLC/HMI programming and trouble shooting
- High voltage heating (IR/Ceramic/Resistive/Induction)
- RF and/or HF (ultrasonic) welding/cutting
- Plastics processing machinery
- Machine design – CAD (comfortable using for evaluation and minor use for changes/modifications
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.