Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Our purpose is to unite the world through sport to create a healthy planet, active communities and an equal playing field for all. At NIKE, we understand that the future of the global economy can and must be fundamentally reimagined when the baton is passed to the next generation. We stand at the forefront of sustainable design thinking. New technology, product innovation, + creative business models will serve to accelerate our mission. The path before us is uncharted. This makes the work that much more exciting.
We are looking for the best and brightest to join us in our commitment to making the world a better place for all athletes*. We are looking for candidates across the spectrum of enterprise visionaries, strategists, and creatives who will make an impact. If you have an entrepreneurial heart, and have passion for building a long-term model, then let’s talk.
Nike continues to drive toward delivering products to market more sustainably. From cloud-based carbon reporting, to using market-based signals to leverage less carbon-intensive shipping models, Nike’s Operations team is supporting Nike’s growth while minimizing its environmental footprint. The Operations teams work closely together to build product through a vast network of suppliers and manufacturers, and fulfilling shipments with a complex distribution system capable of adapting to constant change. In the role of a Nike Operations Intern, you will embed sustainability into operations initiatives, providing analytical expertise and project support. We are looking for candidates passionate about sustainability who will leave a lasting impact on the Sourcing & Manufacturing and Operations & Logistics teams.
Sourcing & Manufacturing
Nike’s Sourcing & Manufacturing teams constantly challenge the assumptions about how products are made. They come up with big ideas, test principles, perfect production processes, and work closely with hundreds of manufacturing partners around the world to create better-performing products with less waste.
Operations & Logistics
Every year, Nike Operations & Logistics teams ensure that nearly one billion pieces of footwear, apparel, and equipment arrive at the right destination on time across the globe. This complex process involves 50+ distribution nodes, thousands of accounts, and over 100,000 retail doors. The team constantly strives to move faster, more efficiently, and with more flexibility to support the rapidly changing retail industry and constantly evolving consumer demands.
NIKE Innovation is chartering the path to more sustainable innovations that deliver high-performance, low-impact solutions with an eye always toward cutting-edge design. Improving the sustainability of the many materials NIKE relies upon for athletic performance presents a complex challenge. In the role of a Nike Sustainable Innovation Intern, you will embed sustainability into innovation initiatives, providing technical expertise and project support. You will partner with innovation teams to drive impact against our Nike Inc. Move to Zero Sustainability strategy focused on the reduction of carbon, waste, water and chemistry. You will receive hands-on experience working as a creative innovator and deliverer of unique solutions that help make athletes better and the world better for athletes. You will work closely with multiple functional teams within and outside innovation, including Sustainable Innovation, Engineering, Sport Research, Reliability & Test, Digital Product & Experience, Product Creation, Design, Sustainable Product and other Nike team members.
Your ability to work with a broad range of functions, personalities, and technologies is a key aspect of this intern position.
- Background in Business, Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, Analytics, Manufacturing, Engineering, Procurement, Textiles, Environmental Science, Retail or related-field preferred.
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree or MBA with a graduation date of December 2021 or May/June 2022
- Passion for sustainability and general sustainability skills/knowledge, including experience in corporate responsibility and sustainability.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, influence other teams, and leverage internal and external resources
- Comfortable with ambiguity with a bias for action
- Ability to decipher themes, make decisions, and tell stories from large datasets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience presenting to diverse audiences, including senior leadership
- Have a growth mindset, be inquisitive, and have a process orientated mindset
- Passionate about Nike products and the consumer
- Knowledge of industrial test methods and standards
- A basic understanding of fiber extrusion techniques and subsequent post-production processes including texturizing, knitting, weaving, dying, and finishing chemistry and/or ability to use techniques from signal processing, pattern recognition, sensor fusion, time-series analysis, machine learning, and other areas of machine intelligence to create innovative sensor algorithms that enable rich sport experiences.
- Familiarity with software tools and libraries for real-time senor data visualization
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
How We Hire
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.Start now
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.