Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Corporate Services, Legal
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
Nike, Inc.’s rapid pace of innovation demands a Legal team that is always on the offense. And they’re always on their game – with the mission to advance and guide Nike’s business through innovative, offense-minded counsel. Nike attorneys, paralegals and other specialists in law provide inventive approaches and superior counsel to Nike’s global business. As Nike changes the future of sport, the Nike Legal team drives competition, ingenuity and integrity in the marketplace.
Assistant General Counsel: Brand Marketing & Digital
As our Assistant General Counsel in the Brand Marketing and Digital group, you will be responsible for supporting and managing global legal marketing and digital strategies for Nike, Inc in support of its Consumer Direct Offense. Your work will cover an extensive range of matters including, but not limited to:
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts in support the Marketing organization, including advertising, paid media and digital marketing, content production, entertainment, licensing, digital platform, vendor, and marketing partnership deals.
• Advising and counseling business leaders on consumer protection, business affairs, advertising law and other legal compliance matters that may impact marketing and advertising and consumer experiences.
• Providing practical legal advice for a variety of company strategic initiatives, including marketing, advertising, content production and consumer experiences across various channels.
• Identifying and addressing legal compliance issues related to consumer digital experiences, brand marketing activations, promotions, contests & sweepstakes, commerce, consumer data and privacy and other consumer regulatory issues.
• Providing strategic analysis of global legal and brand risks and set and drive policies and solutions to achieve business objectives efficiently.
• You’ll work on a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment and engage with cross-functional teammate such as local in-country lawyers, privacy lawyers, government affairs and various business groups.
Requirements for the position include:
• JD degree
• Member, in good standing, of at least one U.S. State Bar and willingness to commit to membership in the Oregon State Bar
• 7-10 years experience in the practice of law with a significant focus on marketing and advertising, entertainment and production, and consumer experiences
• Proven experience representing corporations in commercial transactions and general business law
• Substantive knowledge of laws related to consumer protection
• Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Bias for action and ability to work independently within a multinational organization
• Results driven; proven experience leading strategic projects
• Law firm experience and experience in a corporate legal department of a global marketer, consumer digital product, or entertainment organization is preferred
• Experience advising on business practices in a global company is preferred.
• Proficient in related deal work and how specific contract clauses affect digital experiences, marketing campaigns and partnerships.
• Strong team player and ability to work cross-functionally in a complex organizational structure
• Sound risk assessment capabilities in rapidly evolving regulated areas
• Demonstrated ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyze legal and commercial risks and propose creative, business-oriented solutions
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00430276