Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Apparel Product Creation team into motion. The team of apparel developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They use cutting-edge advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.Description
As a Color Advisor for Team Sports Categories, you'll be responsible for utilizing your color process knowledge to provide technical advice to Category Design, Product Management, and Development teams. For your assigned categories you will lead Color Risk Assessment, address color achievability issues, advise on colorfastness, and help approve cross-dyes, prints, or any color that needs category team review. In addition, you'll train category teams on color processes and help to drive process improvements within the color team. Other core responsibilities include color matching across multiple sources and substrates and ensuring color buy readiness.
• Bachelor's Degree in Apparel/Textile Design or related field including chemistry or quality engineering
• Minimum 2 years' relevant work experience
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentations
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills
• Ability to network and utilize internal and external resources
• Ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Ability to work extended hours and maintain a positive attitude
• Strong initiative and ability to work with little supervision
• Knowledge of color theory and ability to pass a Munsell color test to determine visual acuity
• Knowledge of color fastness tests
• Proficiency with MS Excel skill, including macros and pivots is a plus
• Knowledge of color measurement for quality assurance, color analyzing instruments and dyestuffs, AATCC, ASTM, and ISO test methods is preferred
• Knowledge of textiles, sport materials a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00370739