Computational Designer II – NXT ApparelApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
The NXT Digital Innovation team provides a competitive advantage to our creation teams by fueling product innovation and craft. To accomplish this, we leverage the power of modern technologies, skillsets and services. We are seeking an Apparel Computational Designer II who has a strong design portfolio, expertise in 2D and 3D product design and computational design software, and experience in apparel product design is a benefit. As our AP Computational Designer II, you'll work with the apparel design team to identify new digital capabilities, design products and streamline product design, development and manufacturing. You’ll leverage your expertise of computational design tools to help design great product. You will have a solid understanding of computational design best practices. You also are familiar with advanced digital skills and understand how to integrate them with apparel product creation best practices. In your portfolio of work, you should have clear examples of your design aesthetics and demonstrate how you’ve worked on key product lines with complex design requirements. You’ll collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and participate in the creation of best-in-class product.
- Work hands-on to digitally design products leveraging industry standard computational design technologies.
- Multi-task and concurrently execute on several products.
- Partner on the product lifecycle process with the Design and Development organizations.
- Collaborate with NXT (Nike Innovation), Design and Product Creation partners to drive towards process and technology change.
- Participate on multiple interdisciplinary project teams.
- Clearly communicate project status and manage priorities.
- Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and making persuasive presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design, Industrial Design or Architecture. Masters in Apparel Design, Industrial Design or Architecture preferred.
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of work experience in a similar role.
- Several examples of successfully launched products that demonstrate complex product design solutions.
- At least 8+ years experience using 2D and 3D design software
- Prefer 5+ years experience in computational design or advanced CAD design
- Ability to develop simple and elegant solutions to complex design problems
- Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team; communicate and influence throughout organizations
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Can work with grace under pressure
- Strong understanding of materials and/or textiles
- Expert skills preferred in Rhino, Grasshopper and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Intermediate skills with Maya, and Zbrush.
- Entry-level skills with Python, CLO3D
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00425242