Content Analyst, Marketing ScienceApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.Description
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
At Nike we believe that sport has the power to move the world forward. We believe that sport makes people better, and better people make a better world. It’s this belief that inspires our Editorial Content teams to tell stories of innovation and sport through our digital communication channels, bringing together the science and art of storytelling to deliver the right message, to the right consumer, at the right time.
Nike’s Consumer Direct Sciences is a growing team responsible for building and deepening a holistic view of Nike’s consumers through data and analytics and applying those insights to inform the development of incredible content & experiences for our consumers.
We are looking for an innovative and experienced expert in the strategy, translation and application of consumer analytics to join our Center of Excellence and the Marketing Science team. You’ll be tasked with identifying opportunities to use consumer knowledge and marketing science to influence decision-making and to translate analytics and insights into action for our Nike Direct Marketing Category squads.
The ideal candidate will have a history of developing creative and effective ways of applying, integrating, synthesizing and sharing consumer knowledge, and the vision and leadership skills to partner with key business stakeholders to translate these insights into action.
- Work with key partners to deeply understand their business strategies and priorities, actively identifying opportunities where research, analytics and personalization can most powerfully impact consumer experiences and fuel internal decision-making.
- Champion advanced analytics for marketing communications (email, triggers, app content, push notifications) across both campaign and editorial marketing models including a full digital ecosystem view of business and consumer impact.
- Serve as an expert in analyzing and leveraging data to optimize content for our consumers incorporating a wide variety of signals, data types, and sources.
- Analyze content consumption patterns & preferences using 1st party proprietary data to identify the variables that drive attention and propensity to engage.
- Support testing program for content, audience and channel optimizations in partnership with our marketing team.
- Empower stakeholder teams to Read and React by developing analytics dashboards and conducting analysis for marketing teams.
- Act as the SME on content analytics to empower a data-driven marketing culture.
- Background in a related field such as statistics, econometrics, applied math, or behavioral sciences research
- Advanced degree in a quantitative or research field a plus
- 3-4 years experience in an applied analytics or quantitative digital research setting
- A background in the production of consumer analytics, testing, or customer research in ecommerce, retail, or digital products for targeted communications and consumer journeys.
- Fluency in SQL (Hive) or similar experience in analyzing large structured and unstructured datasets
- An understanding of advanced analytics techniques; competency with statistical packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata etc.
- A history of excellence and innovation in creative storytelling, synthesizing complex findings, and the ability to bring complex consumer data to life for marketing stakeholders
- A good understanding of applied statistics including sampling approaches, causal modeling, time series analysis, and data mining techniques
- Ability to manage a portfolio of large analytics projects with multiple business stakeholders in a fast-moving, matrixed setting with ambiguous requirements.
- Track record of being resourceful, identifying creative solutions and discovering new data sets/methodologies to answer business questions a plus
- Knowledge of best practices & current trends in digital marketing communication and CRM strategy for retail, digital commerce, or mobile apps preferred
- Go-getter with proven experience building diverse teams, positive working relationships and working successfully in cross-functional teams with varied levels of understanding of analytics.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID SRC011019CA