Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Internship, Internships, Converse InternshipsDescription
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
As an undergraduate Controlling Intern, you will support the Controlling team to drive and deliver sustainable risk optimized enabling capabilities through influential financial expertise. You'll be responsible for preparing timely and insightful accounting analysis of pertinent information, to support the close and reporting processes performed by Controlling.
While spending the summer in an Undergraduate Internship with Nike Finance your responsibilities may include:
- Participating in an assigned Nike Finance business project which requires research, analysis, benchmarking, and presentation to leadership with future focused next step recommendations.
- Support various Controlling teams during the monthly close and reporting process, including account reconciliations, journal entries, and various levels of reporting.
- Help to support the processes and controls included within Nike’s internal controls over financial reporting (“ICFR”) program.
- Review quarterly financial statement information and participate in the procedures necessary to complete the filing of Nike’s financial statements with the SEC.
- Analyze current business or finance processes, and identify areas of potential process improvement, leveraging data and technology.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date in Winter 2020 or Spring 2021, with an emphasis in accounting
- Intermediate level proficiency using Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting principles
- Excellent communication skills and experience with influencing
- Ability to successfully navigate ambiguity, especially while working with a team
- Comfort with taking on new challenges by ensuring that the objective is understood, matched with an ability to diligently and creatively work towards achieving it
- Experience leading people
- SAP experience
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID URSRCFIN2UI20