From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to social media, digital marketing and the retail store experience, our teams at NIKE Digital are reimagining how design and technology meet to serve consumers more directly and personally. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with the most creative people in the world. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
At Nike we are always on the offense, and we are looking for talented self-starters with a passion for data and analytics to join our growing team. We are responsible for leveraging predictive analytics to enhance decision making and drive to action against our strategic priorities, elevating the function of analytics within Nike.
As a Data Analytics Manger for North America Marketplace Analytics, you will be a key contributor to the build and promotion of multiple data products that provide actionable insights and support critical business and investment decisions. You will work side by side with our data scientists and engineers, and in close partnership with other business intelligence and data product teams.
This role is ideal for a data evangelist who is self-motivated and relentlessly curious, especially about how data can be used to inform Nike’s view on consumer demand and drive better decision making. You enjoy finding relationships between disparate data sets and clarity in a muddied data environment. You are highly proficient in SQL, well-versed in automation techniques, and at home in a cloud based big data environment. You know how to rise above the numbers and explain the essential insights to business users, and you instinctively minimize complexity to focus on results. While you rely on data to prove your point, you love to think outside the box and solve problems creatively. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you are excited by the challenge of building something from the ground up. You ask questions, are continually learning, and are finding opportunities to share knowledge with others.
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Build and execute innovative and effective data and analytics solutions to unique or complex Nike challenges and opportunities in support of targeted business priorities and objectives
- Develop deep knowledge of core data domains and drive value from the intersection of different functional views of the Nike business
- Work with key partners to understand requirements and improve opportunities to drive knowledge into action
- Collaboratively review plans, methodology and implementation with key stakeholders to ensure and uphold best practices and data quality
- Troubleshoot data and analytics issues and perform root cause analysis to aggressively resolve issues
- Work independently and take initiative to identify, explore and solve problems
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5 years in Data Product work and deep experience with relational data sets
- Proven ability to lead and/or work on cross-functional teams and provide project management support
- Experience in the valuation and definition of new measures, and the translation of business goals into quantitative metrics
- Problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of key topics in data science and applied analytics as well as emerging trends Experience with a statistical modeling is a plus (such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.)
- Experience with agile design and development is a plus
- Experience with Git and Amazon Web Services preferred
- Familiarity with Tableau, as well as data analysis/visualization packages in R or Python is a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00453781