Design Director, Asia Pacific Latin AmericaApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
- Partner with category marketing directors and other stakeholders to develop and sharpen briefs while guiding collaborative idea generation with cross-functional teams
- Lead and drives design efforts for projects and work assignments. Works with Brand Design leadership, Brand Design Ops and Brand Marketing partners to ensure feasibility of designs, budget, functional needs and overall program needs. Help manage process to ensure design deliverables and timelines are met.
- Assists VP. Creative Director and or Sr. Creative Director with the staffing of the overall department and related human resource needs
- Translate briefs and marketing plans into creative concepts that are clearly articulated in mood boards, interactive prototypes and comps then develop presentations and storytelling vehicles to socialize and gain buy-in on your ideas
- Sell-in design concepts to cross-functional teams & stakeholders, sr. leaders and to various internal and external audiences with confidence
- Responsible for large and complex projects or programs, managing risks and resource requirement
- With operational partner expertly manages and maintains relationships with external partners: artists, influencers, design agencies, architects, photographers, producers, project managers and freelancers
- Guide cutting edge creative work, and a master-level understanding of design.
- Be knowledgeable and stay inquisitives about new skills and technics, and digital design developments then help the team successfully apply them to work practices
- Share knowledge, experience and skill with other design staff; work with design counterparts to ensure continuity across initiatives, categories, and projects
- Contributes strategically to the business component of Brand Design. Provides ideas that influence, increase and enhance the department.
- Acts as a creative shepherd of the Nike Brand.
- Expert in developing integrated marketing and editorial strategies leveraging the latest trends in digital, physical and emerging channels
- Expert in art direction and production, visual design, motion design and user experience design combined with solid knowledge of how to leverage today’s digital channels and emerging technologies
- Ability to present and sell-in creative concepts and execution ideas with senior leaders and internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to activate cross-functional creative teams
- Knowledgeable of working with interactive creative, usability, interaction design and engineering
- Able to work and facilitate responsive design and collaborative creative teams
- Expert-level knowledge of current trends in color, technology, communications, experience, art and other design influences
- Solid communication and influencing skills
- Proficient information-seeking skills and drive for results (art and science)
- Expert in creative use of social media and new mediums
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00429583