Digital Merchandise PlannerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Retail Corporate is the backbone to stores around the world. A global network of teams — Finance, Human Resources, Talent Development, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Strategic Planning — direct the daily operations of Nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores. Retail Corporate teams share the same passion and energy for the brand as their in-store teammates, and it shows: Retail continues to be one of Nike’s top areas of growth.Description
In this role you'll establish clear merchandise plans that tell a story for the season and helps merchandising to create a line grounded in profitability and consumer centric offering. This will include collaborating with the category partners, merchandising and business units to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial plans and product opportunities. You'll create pre-season style plans that support the ultimate goal of Nike Direct. You'll recap and analyze the business against the financial plan, and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis. In addition, you'll develop monthly forecasts of sales and inventory for all basic and fashion styles and will develop strategies to meet department financial goals and own open to buy forecasts.
This role will include presenting financial plans, forecasts and strategies in key meetings. You'll proactively report on the health of the business and facilitate smart business decisions, communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to managers and cross-functional team members on a weekly basis. You'll collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge. In addition, you'll participate in a team structure that facilitates and maximizes individual and team performance, supporting and fostering an open and inclusive environment that embraces diversity, encourages accountability, and drives toward results.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or related discipline
• 5 years' retail relevant experience in merchandise planning, company planning, merchandising or allocation
• 2 additional years' experience is generally accepted in lieu of degree
• Extensive experience in managing and understanding an open-to-buy
• Past experience working in a vertical retailer and managing relationships with external partners (is preferred but not limited to)
• Retail Math including intricacies of open to buy and gross margin, retail and financial experience, understanding and familiarity of retail planning software
• Familiarity with merchandise management systems
• PC literate with working knowledge of Excel including setting up spreadsheets, formulas, etc
• Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with management and external resources
• Strong knowledge of cross team calibration
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00397366