Director Materials Planning-FootwearApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are building a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey.
Engage, Empower, Inspire, and Lead the Global Nike Direct Planning Team to achieve company goals. As the Director for Materials Planning within Demand Supply Management (DSM) you will be responsible for managing the material planning process within the Footwear division from initial concept to commercialization and production.
As a member of the Material Planning leadership team, you will help develop and facilitate processes and technological enhancements to support the future vision of the group.
This role has end to end ownership of Footwear material planning forecasts across all seasons in flight, driving increased visibility and accuracy to material needs, proactively resolving imbalances between demand and supply.
This Director will be an effective player with our cross functional partners within Supply Planning, Material Development and Procurement driving supply chain effectiveness in delivering the right product to the right place at the right time and quantity.
As a leader of the Global Footwear Planning team, this individual will be responsible for developing team members to elevate the Material Planning function within Nike.
Key Attributes & Responsibilities
- Sets and implements long range and seasonal end to end material planning strategies for Global Footwear Material Planning.
- Responsible for managing, interpreting, adjusting and communicating forecast information to ensure demand supply balance and timely and accurate delivery of materials to finished goods factories
- Create a more responsive supply chain for materials planning to enable quick to market implementation in coordination with materials development and sourcing.
- Strengthen intake process for materials analytics needs to drive advanced reporting and analytics for material planning
- Ensure metrics are accurately defined, measured, met and communicated
- Cultivate a vision to improve constrained and long lead time material planning elevating our ability to support improved finished implementation
- Lead talent planning, coaching and performance management for teams
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a collaborative relationship between the material development and sourcing communities
- Liaise between Global demand planning, supply planning, finished goods sourcing, tier 2 material suppliers, liaison offices, and manufacturing partners
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Product, Materials or a related discipline
- 8+ relevant industry materials planning experience
- Experience in defining business requirements for an advanced material planning tool
- Proven track record in hitting performance metrics
- Experience managing budgets and performance management
- Experience in Footwear, Retail, or Apparel a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00425995