Director of Apparel & Equipment Supply PlanningApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Global Operations Team (GOT), to help bring this mission to life.
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are developing a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for premier candidates like you to contribute to this journey.
Nike is always driving to deliver against our Triple Double of 2x Speed, 2x Innovation and 2x Direct. Join our Demand and Supply Management (DSM) team as the Director of Apparel & Equipment Supply Planning – you will play a critical role connecting cross functional teams & processes to enable our products getting to the marketplace to meet these objectives. The base objective of our supply planning team is to optimally plan our supply based upon demand to service our consumers.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and direct the creation, communication, revision, and implementation of supply plans. Identify and drive resolution of supply issues through collaborative integration with our manufacturing operations, sourcing & geography teams.
- Develop team and set team and personal goals that align with department and function goals. Coach staff, create opportunities for staff development, make hiring decisions, drive performance management, recognition and rewards. Drive team roles and responsibilities that facilitate and enhance individual and team performance.
- Work with Manufacturing Liaison Offices, Demand Planning, and Sourcing teams to decide on factory capacity requirements for manufacturing. Direct and develop long term capacity plans to meet service and strategic goals. Lead short range planning with Geographically based planning groups. Lead efforts to streamline planning and improve processes involved in all aspects of planning.
- A self-guided and self-driven supply chain authority who has the passion to strengthen results through excellent understanding of E2E supply chain interdependencies
- Leads team through developing team competencies and empowerment
Effective leadership and communication skills with the ability to improve relationships and guide within Nike and across our supplier partners
- Excellent executive communication skills and ability to articulate complex challenges in simple terms
- Excellent project management skills with ability to plan tasks, assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, create consensus and motivate team members
- Seeks opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and supply chain capabilities
- Applies business and management expertise to achieve financial and operational targets within or across disciplines or departments while mitigating risks
- Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems
- Is accountable for the performance and results of related disciplines or departments
- Performs work in support of brand plans; integrates company mission into daily work and planning; supports or participates in key initiatives or programs globally
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
- Requires international travel up 20% of time and flexible to collaborative with global partners on their local times as needed
- Bachelors Degree and minimum of 8+ years directly relevant work experience; or additional 2+ years experience.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00427888