Director of Strategic Planning - Global ApparelApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.Description
As our Strategic Planning Director, Global Apparel, you'll support the VP of Global Apparel in managing the strategic business planning process, authoring strategic and business plans, organizing and managing key strategic meetings, and working with the Innovation, Category, Design, Product and Merchandising teams to drive a strategic agenda. You will serve as critical thought partners to our senior leaders to explore complex business issues; independently lead cross-functional teams to help identify and evaluate critical strategic priorities and/or strategic problems, and to catalyze action against these priorities.
Doing all this requires a unique individual. You must be a self-starter, flexible thinker and outstanding communicator, as well as comfortable working cross-functionally and influencing different personalities and perspectives. You will need those skills as you work not only across multiple functions but also across multiple geographies, living within Nike’s matrixed organization. Success will depend on your ability to quickly form both professional and personal relationships with colleagues and drive to rigorous, well-communicated deliverables. You'll also develop high-impact presentations and tools to communicate strategic plans and visions across the organization and develop overall long-term business and financial models and assist leadership in developing and implementing strategic organizational alignment initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 8 years' relevant experience (3 years' experience post MBA preferred). In lieu of a Bachelor's degree an additional two years of experience is acceptable.
- MBA or advanced degree is highly preferred
- Experience in corporate development, business development, corporate strategic planning, investment banking, management consulting, finance or related field
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and provide project management support
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial models
- Proven ability to conduct and/or analyze research related to consumers, industries and competitors
- Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00419037