Director, Portfolio Management - Demand Supply ManagementApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.Description
The effective candidate will:
- Understand and articulate the business value in portfolio mgmt. to gain adoption of portfolio mgmt. principles and approaches across DSM. Partner with the Tech Program Mgmt office leader and Analytics counterpart to deliver an integrated approach.
- Ensure Transformational and Functional initiatives are structured for success, including strategic fit, budgeting, and resourcing.
- Facilitate an effective, cross-functional governance process of the DSM Portfolio to enable strategic alignment, investment decisions, and visibility to portfolio status and health. Ensure a thorough understanding of the strategic goals including the financial and change impact the critical path portfolio will have.
- Lead a high-performing, lean team to guide the portfolio and develop change, inclusive of project mgmt and change capabilities, with a thorough understanding of process change.
- Guides the team of program/project managers in Transformational, functional and cross functional initiatives. Ensure best practices are integrated into the work effort.
- Prepare and analyze key portfolio data, trending, and reporting information to encourage portfolio insights in the critical areas of scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, and benefits realization. Identify portfolio risks and recommend corrective responses across the DSM portfolio, as necessary, to improve performance.
- Partner with Tech and Analytics counterparts for scaled agile portfolio planning and implementation from top to bottom. Align the 3 year portfolio strategically and tactically (capabilities, sequencing, timing).
- Effectively strengthen the understanding of value, complex program and project dependencies, and constraints within the DSM portfolio through meaningful partnership with the global functions and Geographies. Care for and communicate DSM portfolio impacts as interdependencies change.
- Demonstrate an ability to influence DSM LT and all portfolio stakeholders; communicate highly relevant information to both executive leaders and individual contributors in an effective manner.
- Establish and implement efficient operating practices, tools, and standard processes to enable hands on management of the health of the DSM Portfolio.
- Act as an escalation point for complex problems. Recommend and implement corrective action, as necessary, to improve portfolio performance.
- Provide input to project mgmt standards, metrics, methods, tools and templates used by projects.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Masters degree in related field (ie. MBA, MFM, MS, other) preferred.
- At least eight years of experience within Business, IT, or a related field.
- At least five years of portfolio, program mgmt and/or project mgmt leadership roles. Project mgmt certification preferred (PMP and/or PgMP).
- At least five years of experience with a scaled agile framework and/or Agile delivery method.
- Expert level program/project mgmt skills in development and delivery of large scale software implementations. Experience in managing initiatives and programs with a focus on process and organizational changes.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams within large cross functional projects.
- Demonstrated achievement of being results orientated with ability to achieve bold goals.
- Highly analytical with ability to establish processes that encourage fact-based decision making
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, negotiate tense situations successfully, and manage and resolve conflict.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated expertise of creating consensus across business partners and technology leaders, and influencing effective outcomes.
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others.
- Experience working successfully in a highly matrixed work environment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Version One preferred.
- Exceptional writing, communication, presentation skills, interpersonal skills and ability to work ross-functionally with senior management, business and technical audiences
- Collaborate with key partners in a matrixed environment to deliver premier business solutions
- Demonstrating capability to convert complex concepts into easy-to-interpret summaries that resonate across a varied audience
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00419515