Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc.’s rapid pace of innovation demands a Legal team that is always on the offense. And they’re always on their game – with the mission to advance and guide Nike’s business through innovative, offense-minded counsel. Nike attorneys, paralegals and other specialists in law provide inventive approaches and superior counsel to Nike’s global business. As Nike changes the future of sport, the Nike Legal team drives competition, ingenuity and integrity in the marketplace.
As NIKE’s Domain Specialist, you will provide support to and interact directly with legal colleagues and business and technical clients to enhance and protect Nike’s online presence. Responsibilities include direct management of our large and evolving portfolio of domain names, collaborative work on digital enforcement matters, and educating and counseling our business on domain names and social media issues. You will help develop and implement strategies and policies that optimize and strengthen our critical digital assets, as well as create efficiencies across our domain portfolio. Finally, you will also help manage and coordinate Nike’s agreements with third-party service providers in the domain space, and provide assistance on special projects as necessary.
• Manage Nike’s domain name portfolio, including registrations, acquisitions, transfers, DNS modifications, and renewals
• Manage Nike’s .BRAND registry, including ensuring compliance with ICANN regulations and coordinating with third-party service providers
• Manage and collaborate on digital enforcement matters, including domain enforcement, UDRPs, social media enforcement, and digital app enforcement
• Develop and implement strategies and practices to optimize Nike’s digital assets
• Collaborate with teammates across Nike to support and protect Nike’s digital presence
• Counsel and educate legal colleagues and business clients on domain name and social media issues
• Bachelor's Degree required. Paralegal certificate preferred. Two years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
• A minimum of 1-2 years of experience as a domain paralegal, preferably in a large law firm or Fortune 500 company
• Experience with legal and business issues impacting a digital business
• Familiarity with ICANN and IANA policies and procedures
• In-depth knowledge of the domain industry and experience managing a domain name portfolio consisting of a wide variety of registrations
• Ability to innovate, re-engineer processes and motivate change
• Ability to easily shift between a granular, close-up perspective and a high-level strategic overview
• Proficient data analytics skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to work with various functions and levels within an organization
• Excellent judgment and organization skills, with proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, complete projects with accuracy, and meet multiple deadlines with moderate supervision
• Ability to work well alone and in a team environment, as well as the ability to forge positive working relationships and collaborate across groups
• Demonstrated ability to contribute immediately in a challenging and fast paced environment
• Flexibility and willingness to take on new tasks in new or unfamiliar areas of the law
• Excellent computer skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00417465