Footwear Material Designer II - Global Express Lane (GEL)Apply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
With the introduction of the Consumer Direct Offense came a focus on Key Cities and Speed in order to serve the Nike consumer.The Express Lane team in APLA is focused on creating products that amplify brand concepts, extend in-line stories, and capture emerging local trends for APLA’s key cities of Tokyo, Seoul, and Mexico City
As our Materials Designer II, you'll leverage materials to deliver a premium, recognizable and consumer relevant brand point of view in the marketplace through strategic vision, design direction, storytelling and editing. You'll lead the development of the materials creative vision and strategies for category/consumer groups, maintaining hands-on involvement in Materials design and development, in support of creative direction, seasonal initiatives and go-to-market strategies. In addition, you'll provide strategies to leverage materials in support of C2C and Materials optimization.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Art or a related field with 5-7 years' relevant experience or an Associate's of Art degree from an accredited art school with 4 years' experience in a design environment working with materials, textiles and/or color trends
- Strong consumer connection with performance related products
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Design-related roles, with preference for color, materials and trend
- Creative problem solver with
proven ability to concept, iterate and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary
- Experience in branding with proven ability to incorporate marketing principles in design
- Passion for researching consumer and cultural insights
- Exceptional Presentation Skills; Visual Communication; Information Seeker
- Advanced business and organizational skills
- Experience in participating in multiple projects with competing resources and deadlines
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00458587