Footwear Program Director, Digital Product CreationApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Footwear Product Creation team into motion. The team of footwear developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over shoes, while collaborating, ideating and refining the product’s construction, fit and style. They use groundbreaking advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.Description
As the Footwear (FW) Program Director within the Digital Product Creation (DPC) team, you will bring your portfolio and program management experience to actively develop the project work. Working together with business and technology leaders you will provide program management leadership to support the FW Capability team, FW Studio team and our stakeholders. This role reports to the Senior Director of DPC Portfolio & Change and is an integral member of the DPC PMO team.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Product Management to create, develop and track value delivery toward an integrated DPC roadmap across FW
- Guide capability scope, schedule, budget, risks/issues and dependencies in partnership with the agile release train teams
- Understand and articulate the business value in portfolio and program management.
- Support DPC FW strategic planning activities, including partnering with leadership, Strategy and Finance to ensure the appropriate funding and resources are planned and allocated
- Coordinate with Product Management to create and maintain integrated FW engine roadmap to inform and strengthen alignment and collaboration
- Facilitate an effective program governance process to enable strategic alignment, investment decisions, prioritization and visibility to program status and health.
- Provide program status report and key metrics to inform program health and opportunity areas.
- Effectively strengthen the understanding of value, complex program and project dependencies, and constraints within the FW program by meaningful partnership with the functions and program leaders. Develop and communicate cross functional impacts as interdependencies change.
- Demonstrate an ability to influence all program and project stakeholders; communicate highly relevant information to both executive leaders and individual contributors in an effective manner.
- Establish and execute efficient operating practices, instruments and standard processes to enable effective management of the health of the FW program.
- Prepare and analyze key program and project data, trending, and reporting information to encourage insights and resolution making in the critical areas of scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, and benefits realization.
- Identify program risks and recommend corrective responses across the FW program, as necessary, to improve performance.
- Act as an escalation point for complex problems. Recommend and implement corrective action, as necessary, to improve program performance.
- Champion and drive agile practices and continuous improvement of operating model and standards across business and technology teams
- Provide consulting to program leaders, as necessary, to facilitate understanding and adoption of portfolio and program management processes.
- Engage and align with the other members of the DPC PMO team, CDPM Portfolio & Change team, and other portfolio and program management partners across the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Master’s degree in related field preferred
- At least 9 years of professional experience within Business, IT, or a related field
- At least 6 years of portfolio, program management and/or project management leadership roles. Project management certification preferred (PMP and/or PMP)
- Demonstrated experience delivering large complex projects and programs
- Demonstrated experience with applying Agile methodologies
- Experience working with PPM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools
- Highly problem-solving with ability to establish processes that strengthen fact-based resolution making
- Demonstrated expertise of developing consensus across business and technology leaders, and influencing effective outcomes
- Experience working in a highly matrixed work environment
- Proactive desire to own and facilitate projects and programs forward through measurable process, planning, and team engagement
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Advanced communication, team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring and leadership skills
- In-depth understanding of portfolio and program budgets
- Experience in footwear product creation a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00416886