Innovation Director, Connected ProductApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For Nike, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.Description
At Nike, we no longer see borders between the worlds of physical and digital, or of product and service. This marriage of environments has given birth to the Connected Product team. It is our mission to create a unique digital identity for all Nike products from production through consumer engagement, enabling seamless visibility, traceability, authentication and member experiences. We explore the edges of possible while delivering at scale, working across all functions of Nike, serving every athlete.
As Innovation Director, Connected Product you will facilitate the vision, roadmap and implementation of the future of our enabled product strategy. This is a critical role to identifying and capturing the value from various use cases. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of innovators within and outside of Nike, spanning technical, operational and consumer areas of expertise. To be effective in this role, you must both have a passion for exploration and an ability to implement. You will be central to extracting the best from Nike and bringing the best from outside of the Swoosh to the team.
- Develop long-term innovation strategy and roadmap for Connected Product
- Motivate and lead a cross-functional team from Nike with various skills sets and areas of expertise
- Design and implement tests and pilots aligned with the vision
- Act as central point of contact to external world of partners and innovators
- Communicate to senior level team of stakeholders against the vision gaining support and alignment
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 10 years of professional experience
- Experience in business development, product creation, innovation, and/or design
- Excellent portfolio of accomplishments of creating and delivering early stage concepts with effective plans on scale and transition
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills with the ability to present and communicate to senior, high profile leaders
- History of leading cross-functional teams, provide project management expertise, and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- A global innovative mindset with a passion for creation without a roadmap
- Must have prior experience in enabled product, hardware and software integration, and innovation
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Amazing team orientation with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work the matrix to reach project milestones, whilst also a pro-active self-starter who can work in a self-guided manner
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00423337