NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building – and sharing – digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
Why buy off the rack when you can design your own pair of custom kicks? Join us in building the technology to unlock the best of Nike, custom-made for every consumer.
Nike Digital Engineering’s Customization Capability team is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our team. We are responsible for the technology solutions that allow Nike consumers to design their own custom footwear and apparel. Beyond serving Nike’s most loyal consumers, we empower partner teams that help bring customization experiences to life across all of Nike’s global eCommerce channels. In this role you will get to touch all of the critical web experiences that bring customization to life across Nike, Inc.
- Participating in a high functioning DevOps Scrum team, employing various XP practices
- Developing the tools and processes used across Nike Digital Engineering to increase speed of software delivery while reducing the cost of implementation
- Designing, developing, debugging, and testing full stack capabilities for Nike, Inc eCommerce applications, inclusive of UX, frameworks, and APIs that deliver secure, reliable, maintainable, highly available, and performant web experiences
- Building observable code that helps inform data driven decisions
- Working in a continuous delivery model; deploying experiences frequently at large scale to a global audience of consumers
- Providing technical leadership and knowledge to your teammates
- Consulting and performing engineering support, problem solving, and issue resolution with internal and external resources
- Representing your team in roadmap planning, visioning, and strategy sessions
- Partnering with, working in and across multiple teams to deliver customization experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred or 2 years of additional experience in lieu of a degree
- 7+ years of software development experience with at least 2 years guiding a team
- Experience with 3D technologies (WebGL, three.js, etc.)
- Experience in designing and implementing highly scalable web applications
- Track record of leading others & positive change in solution design, technical delivery, and process improvement
- Experience with leading projects in highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary development teams
- Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.). AWS preferred.
- Experience delivering software using an agile development process (Scrum preferred)
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, integration testing experience
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. Aurora, Dynamo).
- Experience estimating work, planning, organization and implementing complex software projects
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00441060