Lead Software EngineerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.Description
Nike Tech brings together technology and process expertise to create value for the consumer. We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology capabilities that enable Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide. Our focus is on providing Lean solutions that eliminate waste, enhance consumer value, and strengthen profitable business growth.
As the Lead Software Engineer for the Foundation team in Go-to-Market Solutions, your role on the team will involve providing technical leadership and direction to a team improving high-performing web applications. Our team is a highly productive, Agile, eCommerce team, we are looking for experienced candidates who thrive in this type of environment. Your role on the team will include:
- Guides the design and development of a technical solution that meets the needs of the business and aligns with architectural and quality standards, and effectively integrates solutions delivered with adjacent and tertiary solutions/technologies.
• Autonomously identifies, defines, directs, and/or performs analysis to resolve complex, first time issues in his or her area(s) of expertise.
• Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging, and installing for a small- to mid-scale systems.
• Ensures the effective performance of assigned product(s) and their integration with adjacent solutions/technologies.
• Develops working knowledge of tertiary domains.
• Provides guidance to the product team, delivering a vision for work requirements for the quarter.
• Designs the scope of sprints within the quarter.
• Has the vision for the scope of sprints within the quarter.
• Mentors and develops the capabilities of team members.
• Conducts technical assessments of team members and provides feedback on performance as necessary.
• Conducts technical interviews of candidates as needed.
• Ensures knowledge sharing within the team and across teams
• Conducts complete diagnoses of business problems, working with colleagues in the business to define the scope of the solution and desired outcomes.
• Within the scope of a work assignment, collaborates with the product owner and assists with managing stakeholder expectations and ensuring prompt and complete customer service.
• Functions self-guided with limited work direction.
• Selects tools and methodologies for the product.
• Commits to deliverables with customers and/or management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant technology field and minimum of 6 years directly relevant work experience desired
- 6+ years’ experience with Java development desired
- Experience providing leadership to a team of developers including providing daily guidance, setting coding standards, and reviewing code required
- Experience designing solutions in collaboration with Architecture and the Development team
- Agile experience preferred
- Experience with Devops practices preferred
- Significant knowledge of Java and Spring Framework
- Advanced working knowledge of RDS databases such as Oracle, MySQL, and Postgres as well as experience with NoSQL data stores such Cassandra and DynamoDB
- Experience working with Cloud technologies preferred, AWS preferred (EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, API Gateway, CloudFormation, Lambda, EKS
- Experience with infrastructure configuration tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet
- Experience developing and maintaining eCommerce sites preferred
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, GoCD
- Experience working with Analysts and Product Owners to provide technical feedback during story intake and creation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High motivation and passion to work in a fast, agile environment with the ability to adapt to change
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00425510