Mobile Release ManagerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.Description
As a Consumer and Retail Mobile Release
Manager, you will play a key role on the team that enables Digital to bring its
world-class products to market.
You will work across Digital teams and within the Quality, Delivery and Operations organization to understand key value drops and develop and execute the plan to deliver those to production.
You will be responsible for driving effective release framework across multiple teams and geographies. Having a deep understanding and ability to manage all change activity from planning to deployment will be keys to success.
In true Nike fashion, you will partner closely with engineering teams and technology partners across the digital community to continually improve process, achieve efficiencies, and deliver a quality product on time.
Role Description: Expertise in the function of Release Management,
implementation, and program delivery. Executes the Release Management processes
for the organization. Schedules, coordinates, and manage releases across
technology platforms and applications, across participating teams and
You'll be a trusted member of our team with the following responsibilities:
- Manage intake, prioritization, release timing, demand and capacity
- Partner closely with Commerce and Retail Mobile App teams to align on scope, release cadence, delivery and support requirements
- Partner with the business and IT stakeholders to drive release scheduling decisions
- Provide pre-release status reports to key stakeholders as needed
- Provide visibility of scheduled releases to stakeholders
- Work with vendors and internal partner systems to ensure processes are aligned
- Manage go/no-go and decision checkpoint meetings with release stakeholders
- Manage execution of release activities from production release through release stabilization
- Capture and publish key metrics
- Understanding of Mobile release management processes and environment management
- Experience delivering complex technical projects, programs, or releases into production environments
- Proven track record of implementing process change focused on alignment of business and technology; in particular, working with Engineering, QA and IT Technical Operations
- Experience with Agile and/or Lean processes
- Able to operate in a transforming, fast-paced, complex, high visibility environment with multiple competing priorities
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication of complex topics to a diverse audience such as management, technical peers, and business stakeholders
- Strong skills in building positive business relationships
- Strong commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Ability to collaborate across teams with differing priorities and objectives to bring consensus
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive to results
- Experience in global or multi-branded environments
- Familiarity with development and deployment automation tools in the software development and deployment lifecycle
- College degree and/or equivalent experience in computer science, project management, agile and scrum
- Has developed a deep understanding and practical application of standard release process(s), agile methodologies and technical capabilities (including agile - lean, continuous delivery)
- Demonstrated relevant industry experience in Mobile release management or program/project management
- Demonstrated up to date knowledge of Mobile deploy / implementation / release management processes and the ability to apply this in a program or product lifecycle
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00424229