NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building – and sharing – digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and acheive their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our products, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
Athletes constantly chase their potential. They seek information, motivation and the gear to give them an edge over the competition. The Nike Digital team enables NIKE, Inc.'s digital products and services that inspire athletes to do one more lap, one more crunch or one more marathon. The team fuels dynamic brand experiences, consumer interactions and Nike’s digital platforms, including nike.com and NIKEiD. They use world-class technology, decades of athlete insights, and skills such as analytics, statistics, digital marketing, software development, social media engagement and more to deliver products and experiences to athletes around the world.
As a Nike Digital Engineer, you'll work with a variety of talented Nike teammates and be a driving force for building Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions for Nike digital. You'll be responsible for the delivery of solutions on top of Platform implementation. These solutions power critical business decisions and personalized experiences for our consumers.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with an expected graduation date in Spring 2018
- Hands on experience with HDFS, Map Reduce, Presto, Hive, Impala, Spark or similar technologies
- Ability to build libraries, user defined functions and frameworks on Hadoop eco system
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks around Hadoop and AWS eco system
- Excellent scripting skills in one or more (Java Script, Shell, Python etc.)
- Understanding of Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera or EMR
- Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results quickly and correctly in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
- Proven communication skills to work in cross functional teams to complete solution design, development and delivery
- Exposure to or Knowledge of working in large-scale distributed application development
- Experience with Machine Learning algorithms
- Statistical analysis with R, Python or similar
- Experience with NoSQL & Columnar Databases technologies such as Cassandra, Redshift/Hbase
- Experience with messaging & Complex event processing systems such as Kafka, Storm and Spark
- Experience with AWS or Cloud