Nike SB Category Sales Director, North AmericaApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world — from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan — Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike’s success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.Description
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- As the Category Specialty commercial expert, you will develop and lead a strategic marketplace plan, incorporating all the elements of the business.
- You have a strong sense of mission for driving both community and commerce to deliver on strategy by creating and offering best-in-class service model to skate shops.
- You establish, leverage and maintain collaborative relationships across within the category (merchandising, brand, DP, geo/global) and with a remote SB sales force and Territory Sales Leads to ensure alignment on distribution and commercial priorities, and seasonal readiness at seasonal checkpoints.
- You lead, implement and drive commercial (internal and external) meetings ensuring they are prepared and executed at the highest level.
- You provide clear direction to the sales team on allocations and the expectations and placement of the assortments in the marketplace. You track assortment placement with category destination doors, in-store execution and sell-through.
• 8 years of Category Specialty and/or consumer products category account sales management.
• Proven track record driving holistic business plans inclusive of short and long-term business strategies and financial targets.
• Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives, to influence within the category and industry.
• Strong understanding of and connection to the skateboarding industry are assets.
• Demonstrate leadership capability to inspire, motivate, empower and coach teams as well as different stake holders internally and externally.
• Strong ability to generate new ways of thinking and operating.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity of Territory, Geography and Global forces within a matrix organization.
• Resilience to face challenging business environment and build a strong team culture while keeping a positive attitude.
• Strong partnering skills. The role collaborates with Territory Sales Leads to provide leadership to the SB sales force - the candidate will be expected to educate, share, communicate needs, listen to plans and be a connector between both groups.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00456674