NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building – and sharing – digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
As Nike’s Quality principal automation engineer, you’ll find yourself collaborating with teams involved in a wide range of technologies and experiences. You’ll focus on leveraging cross team dependencies and interactions in order to successfully implement automation best practices across Nike’s global technologies teams. Your primary goal is to ensure ‘We’ Quality, instill a mindset of automation enabling continuous testing, continuous delivery, and broaden this mindset across all Engineering, Product and Program partners. To be successful, you will utilize your years of experience developing and implementing multiple automation technologies and frameworks, as well as a being proactive and constantly striving for improvements. Because our world changes daily, you’ll need to be flexible and adaptable, passionately pragmatic, sincerely savvy and a world-class diplomat capable of negotiation, reinvention and smart compromise in a complex matrix environment.
Your daily responsibilities will include leading a team of Quality Automation experts to ensure we are creating and constantly driving productive, transparent, comprehensive and forward-thinking Quality/Automation solutions. You will be responsible for enabling continuous testing via automation across “GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY” resulting in consistent, scalable, quality business solutions that give Nike a competitive advantage. You will be responsible for ensuring our Automation team members follow our best practices to enable speed, consistency, and scalability for each of our capabilities including:
- Nike’s transformational initiatives
- Serve (both web and mobile)
- Corporate / Geo / Program/Projects
This role will ensure our Quality teams and all operational teams are setup for success including maintaining quality’s automation knowledge base, delivering automation focused CoPs that bridge the automation gap between NDE and Nike technology, train quality automation resources on new technologies and techniques that drive accelerate DevOps metrics, lead automation community of practices across data & analytics, enterprise architecture, tech ops, security, and SEC, and ultimately be a beacon of light for those that need help creating cutting edge automation solutions that increase teams velocity and reduce consumer impacts.
The Quality Automation team is pivotal in ensuring we establish and deliver the highest quality measurable solutions to our customers and this role, drives that engagement between our own internal teams and other business/engineering partners.
You will need to recognize and identify any current automation gaps and assist with the prioritization the interdependencies and relationships that make up the cross-functional business case and quickly understand the bigger picture. You’ll recognize the program’s overall business goals and champion a Quality strategy that supports them.
- Minimum 7 years software development experience
- Minimum of 5 years automation experience
- Minimum 5 years of quality experience
- Expertise with either eCommerce mobile (iOS – Xcode/SWIFT, Android - Espresso) or eCommerce web (CypressIO, Nightwatch, TestCafe)
- Hands-on experience delivering automation with a focus on Continuous Integration/Continuous Development
- Experience in manual and automated testing in a variety of environments
- Ability to communicate across diverse engineering organizations, including DBAs, Development, Systems/Networking, Business Partners, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting Java web applications & services
- Experience troubleshooting mobile applications & services
- Proficient in: CypressIO, Nightwatch, TestCafe, Xcode, Espresso.
- Experience in: Jenkins, CircleCi, Bamboo, Teamcity, JUNIT5, RESTASSURED, REACT, VUE, or other API testing tools preferred
- Experience with AWS ElasticSearch, AWS Lambda development, and Kibana dashboards
- Experience with Selenium, Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, and TestNG
- Experience with web development technologies: XML, JSON, REST API or similar preferred
- Experience with Test Data Management (TDM) and the importance in relation to automated testing
- Experience with Analysis and Modeling tools such as Splunk and New Relic
- Demonstrate leadership skills, with the ability to positively influence others
- Experience working in an Agile environment and addressing quality within Scrum development lifecycles
- Ability to effectively negotiate working agreements across development, product owners and other stakeholders
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00438241