Principal Software EngineerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.Description
If you’re ready to innovate and be a part of our Enterprise Platform organization, come join us now! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and architecting a technology landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2020 and beyond.
Your Role on the Nike Streaming Platform (NSP) Team
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be part of a highly visible, strategic team focused building a high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant enterprise data streaming platform using Apache Kafka. This new platform will enable Nike’s primary initiatives for the future. The effective candidate will:
- Contribute to the technical vision, architecture and implementation for the Nike Streaming Platform (NSP); including CI/CD, Self-Service Interfaces, Feature Development and Continuous Delivery.
- Works closely with Product, Business and Technology partners to ensure technical platforms are sustainable, feature-rich, consumable and modern
- Contribute to cross-team technical mapping and collaboration.
- Contributes to the architectural standards, documentation and operational program with engineering leadership.
- Engages as needed with product engineering teams to refine and design for customer requirements.
- Technical authority for the engineering software team.
- Stays current with industry trends and guides development of key change features
- Partners with Reference Architecture to ensure architectural consistency
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years with specific experience in cloud engineering problems around clustering, service design, scalability, resiliency, block and object stores, and distributed backend systems
- 5+ years in a lead engineering role responsible for architecture decisions and direct technical leadership over engineering teams.
- 7+ years in a systems software development role using common system languages like Java, Python, Golang or C++. A solid understanding of functional languages and experience dealing with concurrency and locking is a plus.
- 3+ years hands on experience delivering and supporting Apache Kafka solutions.
- 10+ years hands on experience in delivering technology solutions/products.
- Prefer candidates with a technology operations background.
- Demonstrated experience in bringing innovation to large enterprises or technical products.
- Demonstrated experience in developing Platforms Product strategy and vision
- Demonstrated experience of being results orientated with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Demonstration of strong influencing skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00433416