NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building – and sharing – digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
As Manager of Retail Platform Engineering, you will:
- Provide technical leadership in the evaluation, conceptualization, design and development of major new capabilities in Retail.
- Provide deep technical expertise in application architecture and development with domain based micro-services and leverage "API first" principles.
- Reinforce DevOps methodology and practices to further invest in infrastructure as code and CI/CD to support our culture of owning the full life cycle of solutions.
- Nurture continuous improvement in observability, security, reliability, availability, maintainability, performance, scalability and cost optimization of the platform.
- Leverage agile methodologies for continuous improvement in quality, delivery and culture.
- Partner with business stakeholders, product managers and other engineering leaders to create and maintain a digital roadmap.
- Support and develop peers and direct reports.
- 5 years of experience in engineering, IT or a related fields.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field (or 2 years additional experience in lieu of degree).
- 2 years of experience managing one or more engineering teams.
- Expertise in developing cloud-based micro-services.
- Experience delivering in a dynamic complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to communicate strategies to a large organization.
- Demonstrated ability to turn strategy into reality through superb implementation.
- History of developing technology professionals with high expectations in a collaborative style and a focus on continuous improvement, quality and planning.
- Excellent skills in team leadership and developing positive customer relationships.
- Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00435001