SB Brand Specialist, North AmericaApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.Description
- Represent the voice of the skateboarder and be the protector of the Nike SB brand
- Support the development of strategic marketing plans and briefs, as well as develop the field-work/research needed for the plans.
- Work closely with the Nike SB Brand manager & Brand Director to support long-term strategic vision of what SB is to skateboarders and how to solidify that positioning as we look to drive brand and business growth
- Build strong relationships with Territory and Functional partners in order to effectively drive the seasonal execution of Brand Initiatives
- Support the timely and effective delivery of the seasonal marketing plans, led by the Brand Manager, through extensive cross-functional collaboration
- Stay connected to the skateboarding community / culture and stay current with cultural trends
- Manage to a budget target on seasonal plans and specific projects / launches
- Clearly communicate within your immediate team and beyond, including to category leadership
- Maintain close relationships with key consumer groups and work closely with Sports Marketing and regional Sales teams to identify influencers and develop seeding plans for them
- Assist in maintaining agency partner relationships
- Serve as an advocate for skateboarding and skateboarders at all times
- 2+ year’s experience in consumer marketing or related fields
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or a closely related field; or 2 years additional experience in lieu of a degree
- Genuine passion for and strong knowledge of skateboarding and its community
- Strong connections within the skateboarding community strongly preferred (Riders, media, shop owners, influencers, photographers, etc.)
- Ability to bring energy and positivity even in the face of adversity
- Creative and disruptive thinking, while still maintaining organizational balance and effectiveness
- Pro-active information-seeking and strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact, network, and build credibility for both themselves and Nike SB internally and externally
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be on the road and travel up to 25% of the time
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00430986