NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building – and sharing – digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We’re passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you’re an athlete.
At Nike Digital, we’re revolutionizing fitness and sport. We’re creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike’s proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows.
Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day.
Ryan Miller Technical Architect
Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
Company Wide Volunteering
The candidate should be self-driven and proactive and must be able to demonstrate that they can assess many business needs and requests, collaborate across both technical and non-technical partners, continue to timely deliver while constantly developing new solutions and insights to empower the NTC Premium organization to action and innovation.
Working at Nike is a unique opportunity and we are looking for a professional who is passionate about the Nike brand, energetic and proactive, and who thrives on working with data and technology. Are you ready to make a career-altering difference in driving one of the world’s largest fitness brands to new digital heights?
- Use contemporary data science and analytics methods and tools to derive actionable insights for a subscription-based business.
- Analyze and profile content (workouts, editorial, guidance, etc.), physical activity, and digital product journey/pathing data to uncover insights in support of scalable solutions
- Collaborate with a team of data scientists, qualitative researchers, digital designers, engineers, and business stakeholders to take an opportunity or pain point from concept to a new feature or digital product
- Translate ambiguous statements into structured problem statements and testable hypotheses
- Create clear and structured deliverables to clearly communicate meaningful insights to a non-technical audience
- Develop trust and strengthen business adoption of your solutions with stakeholders
- Collaborate with data scientists and stakeholders to explore opportunities to develop data inspired solutions by developing and utilizing statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms
- Clean, prepare and verify the integrity of data for analysis
- Validate appropriate models to discover meaningful patterns and insights
- Track model accuracy, ensuring model relevance and reliability
- Create clear, user-friendly documentation to support business usage of the solution
- Stay abreast of and apply industry and technology trends as well as emerging tools and techniques relevant to discipline
- Participate in a continuous learning environment within the advanced analytics community through persistent development of new skills and sharing of knowledge through mentorships and contributions to the open source community
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience working with real-world, structured and unstructured data
- Ability to work in multiple data environments and perform complex joins, data cleaning, and feature creation using SQL or SQL based languages (Hive) is required
- Core mathematical ability to understand and apply superb machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling in a programming language like R or Python to understand patterns and provide insights is required
- Experience with data visualization packages and tools
- Excellent communications skills, in particular, the ability to communicate technical content to general audience in presentation and meeting format
- The ability to think creatively with data, formulate and get tractions around new ideas, and bring a new perspective to business and engineering partners.
- Able to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks
- In-depth background in mathematics, statistics, or a related field
- In-depth knowledge of applied data science
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and to multi-task across different functions of the business, and switch workstreams and handle many different levels of requests.
- Experience with Adobe Omniture Suite, Google Analytics, Tableau, or Optimizely is a plus
- Data science or advanced analytics applications in business with a subscription-based model (e.g. content platforms, gaming, etc.)
- Familiarity with digital optimization, A/B and multivariate test implementation, analysis and business reviews
- Executive level presentation and communication experience
- Consumer experience with Nike digital apps (NTC, NRC, SNKRS, Nike App)
- Knowledge of Nike’s physical merchandise and company history.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00445371