Senior Digital Product Designer, Retail ExperienceApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
We seek an innovative problem solver, who is imaginative yet pragmatic and able to utilize a full range of art direction, visual design and user experience skills as a multi-disciplinary designer.
You are driven by curiosity and proactive, with the ability to take emerging concepts at its infancy to realized value through design thinking. You employ a systematic approach to define problems and identify opportunities, enabling a process that creates order out of chaos.
Your mission will be to develop world class digital retail experiences that pushes the boundaries of technology and meets the emerging needs of consumers and retail store associates alike. You will lead by example to inspire others to redefining how consumers connect personally with Nike Products, Services and Retail Employees. Your role will be key to helping Nike win as a team.
• Support Art Director and be ready to step in to present, lead and manage.
• Generate and develop ideas that are consistent with the vision and strategies of multiple streams of work, turning concept ideation into reality.
• Ideate, concept and design incredibly polished work that represents the Nike brand through storytelling, presentations, art direction, visual direction, UX, 2D visual comps, prototypes and everything in between.
• Drive user experience and interface design decisions through research and in collaboration with cross-functional teams while advocating for thoughtful design.
• Prioritize and manage day-to-day design workflow while striving to improve the process constantly with engineering and product teams.
• Champion motion design thinking and help designers bring it to life through prototyping.
• Define and develop style guides to set the standard for an entirely new Nike platform.
• Inspire new ways of thinking and explore the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design problems.
• 7+ years interactive design experience across a variety of digital products.
• Proven conceptual thinker who can bring ideas that solve unique design challenges.
• A detail-oriented mindset, focused on creating frictionless user experience design.
• Exceptional portfolio showing impeccable taste and inventive design thinking.
• Strong visual design foundation in typography, composition, motion and systems design.
• Strong product design foundation in user experience, flows and detailed logic.
• In-depth understanding of Sketch, Adobe CS, and Keynote.
• Rapid-prototyping skills in Principle, Framer, InVision, After Effects, Maya or other.
• Deep experience with iOS, aOS and/or Apple Watch app interface design.
• Expert understanding of underlying technology and what makes things work.
• Experience with design for physical installations or retail environments is a plus.
• Experience with hardware and software products that exists in the marketplace a plus.
• Thrives on collaborating with talented peers and cross-functional team members.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with core team, cross-functional teams and leadership.
• Organized, flexible and able to support a team of designers while being hands-on.
• Obsessed with and has demonstrated meticulous attention to details in their work.
• Experience with global launches, multi-language localization, accessibility design and large-scale mobile platforms is optimal but not required.
• Leader, Curious, Inventive, Open-minded, Fearless, and Proactive.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00424397