Senior Manager – Sustainable Manufacturing Waste ProgramApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
As the Senior Manager – Sustainable Manufacturing Waste Program, you will support the development and execution of an integrated, long-term, global strategy to reduce, recycle, and responsibly manage our manufacturing waste. You will be required to collaborate with business leaders across the value chain to gain alignment on strategic objectives that insure the highest value target areas of our business are impacted and the value captured. You will be expected to leverage your industry experience and/or subject matter expertise to help drive development and delivery of aggressive waste reduction and recycling targets and policies that will be enabled through a broad innovation portfolio. Your innovation focus will range from incremental to disruptive in the areas of technology, process and partnerships. You will collaborate with the Partner Management Organization (PMO) to support the deployment of strategy with our Supplier Partners located across Asia, Europe and the Americas. In addition, you will work closely with Nike Global Sustainability to engage strategic stakeholders to drive broader systems change and report performance.
• Bachelors degree; MBA or masters degree in a social science, engineering, or quantitative analysis discipline preferred
• A minimum of 5+ years of experience in manufacturing or sustainability; roles relating to material efficiency or waste prevention preferred
• Innate intellectual curiosity and understanding of the relationship between long-term business growth and sustainability
• Strong influencing skills across multiple business functions
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex systems and identify root causes of systemic effects/issues
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain data reporting standards, processes, and tools
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, summarize, and present quantitative and qualitative information
• Demonstrated ability to research and analyze complex topics and present them in a simple and compelling way.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Tableau/data visualization ability preferred
• Strong project management and transition management skills
• Ability to work with high degree of independence while managing upward communication to executive leadership teams and management
• Experience developing and implementing corporate strategies and programs preferred
• Willingness and ability to travel internationally
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00427929