Senior Quality EngineerApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the Nike, Inc. Apparel Product Creation team into motion. The team of apparel developers, testers, engineers and designers strive for product excellence. They obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They use cutting-edge advancements in technology and sustainable design to accelerate innovation. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.Description
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will support Nike Apparel and Equipment to ensure that product meets or exceeds customer, consumer and government regulations through the application of prevention based quality engineer processes and tools. You will provide technical support for product engine groups by implementing Apparel Product Integrity (API) procedures and tools. This includes, but is not limited to root cause analysis, defective return data analysis, establishment of standards and product risk assessment. In these areas, you will provide formal, quantitative feedback to both internal Nike and external organizations in order to influence business decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a scientific field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Strong Project Management experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Experience with statistics, design of experiment (DOE) and quality management systems required
- Material, Apparel and / or Equipment creation or manufacturing knowledge preferred
- Product Safety experience a plus
- Ability to effectively conduct presentations to small and large audiences
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities at once
- Strategic Thinker
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00422148