Senior Sourcing AnalystApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
our Sr. Sourcing/Costing Analyst, you'll create and execute long range and
seasonal sourcing plans. You'll represent Sourcing in cross functional line
planning, material selection and development to ensure product needs and factory
capabilities are built into the timelines and process. You'll offer
manufacturing alternatives to resolve design, development and costing
challenges. You'll provide category sourcing strategy and direction to product
creation centers, home office operations and Nike Liaison teams while
collaborating to select the most appropriate manufacturing source to meet
delivery, quality and pricing needs. You'll analyze manufacturing capabilities,
capacities, and cost expectation alongside Geography demand requirements to
anticipate and avoid issues. In addition, you'll collaborate with the supply
planning and margin planning teams to ensure category source direction and cost
are tracking to targets. This position reports to the Director of Apparel
Responsibilities in this position include:
- Coordinate with Category and manufacturing teams to select the most appropriate manufacturing source to meet product quality and pricing needs. Strong knowledge of Tier I AP/EQ supply base as well as Tier II understanding & ability to speak to manufacturing issues/opportunities
- Act on behalf of Sourcing in cross-functional line planning and category meetings to ensure needs and capabilities are built into the timelines and process
- Can articulate tradeoffs and offer sourcing alternatives to resolve design, development, or pricing challenges.
- Manage costing/pricing process in conjunction with Category team to meet price and margin targets
- Helps category assess tradeoffs between costing and other sourcing criteria
- Oversees costing documentation to ensure appropriate information is kept for assigned products.
- Understanding of material requirements for product and connection between material sourcing and garment sources
- Knows which suppliers are vertical and provides input for sourcing strategy
- Can identify and represent sourcing needs to cross-functional materials partners.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicates consistently and proactively within Sourcing as well as to cross-functional partners
- Able to communicate to different levels of the organization as well as listen and respond to diverse stakeholder input.
- Ability to distill complex requirements into achievable deliverables and concise communication
- Identifies and solves a range of issues/challenges proactively and communicates those within the team(s)
- Seeks out opportunities to streamline processes and share best practices.
- Experience with product development or manufacturing.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00423300