Social Media SpecialistApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc.’s Corporate Functions team depends on a diverse set of skills to operate at peak performance. Those skills span many disciplines across Nike’s Corporate Functions, including Facilities, Child Development, Administrative Support and Aviation. While roles range from pilots to security specialists to teachers, one thing remains constant: the teams deliver exceptional experiences and services at Nike locations around the world.Description
As our Social Media Specialist, you will provide a premium and motivational experience by monitoring and responding to inbound social media messages from multiple channels and categories. Your goal will be to innovate and look for opportunities to inspire individual athletes to reach their personal goals and become better athletes. You'll maintain the Nike category voice and adhere to established department policy and procedures while working to create win-win resolutions for Nike and its consumers. You’ll interact with consumers, motivating them to reach their athletic goals, affirming their choice of Nike product and inspiring engagement with Digital Marketing initiatives. You’ll provide the management team with insights gained from routine health checks of the Nike websites and social media spaces, offering feedback related to key contact drivers, hot topics, products, athletes, website information, issues and trends. You’ll participate in the development of new strategies aimed at increasing engagement, fostering community and maintaining a positive community sentiment for the Nike Brand. You'll work with Nike cross-functional teams providing insight and feedback about their respective consumer communities. You’ll work with new systems and tools and will seek ways to improve efficiency and create seamless experiences for consumers engaged with the Nike brand. You'll quickly identify sensitive issues and potential escalations appropriate for the Nike category, PR and/or legal assistance. You’ll use effective written and verbal communication skills applying sound judgment and business decisions in servicing the consumer. You will have a primary category or area of focus while maintaining an up-to-date understanding of the entire Nike product line, marketing initiatives, software services, web properties and events. In addition, you'll utilize systems and other support tools to ensure accurate responses to consumer inquiries and to capitalize on potential sales opportunities.
- College degree (B.A. or B.S.), preferably in communications or marketing. Educational requirement may be substituted with equivalent industry-related business experience
- 2 years experience and superior knowledge in social media landscape, trends, networks and toolset
- 1 year experience in a marketing position (experience writing for marketing purposes preferred)
- Athletic experience at the collegiate level or higher
- Expert industry and product knowledge
- Engaged and connected in the category community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with specific experience interacting with bloggers and other social media influencers in a creative and compelling way
- Strong computer skills, including experience navigating the internet and using PC and Windows-based software (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to read, speak and understand English
- Strong business writing skills
- Strong understanding of social media communication styles
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and/or in a diverse team environment
- Capability of making sound business decisions and quickly understanding new information and situations
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize a varied workload
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to reach mutually beneficial conclusions
- Strong team and customer service orientation
- Online research skills with the ability to follow and track data relevant to the brand and consumer
- Experience gathering information from various resources (i.e., computer, catalogs, customer files and correspondence)
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time
- Ability to manipulate computer tools, communication devices and catalog pages
- Ability to work weekends and flexible hours
- Overnight and/or out of town travel may occasionally be required
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00407532