Sourcing Operations DirectorApply
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.’s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike’s products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.Description
We are looking for someone to join the GSM Center of Excellence as a Sourcing Operations Dir to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Sourcing team and deploy as needed the capabilities and services of the COE against sourcing priorities.
The candidate should feel comfortable working with multiple stakeholders and managing multiple deliverables simultaneously. Experience driving or overseeing the operations of a medium to large organization is critical to a candidate’s success in this role. Superb teamwork, customer service minded, and strong communication skills are also essential.
You will be responsible for:
• Partnering with the VP of Apparel Sourcing & Manufacturing to roll-out operating model, processes, and plans to streamline team delivery, drive operational excellence and enable alignment & integration across manufacturing, planning and product creation functions.
• Being the COE liaison with the Sourcing team, ensuring that the appropriate COE capabilities and resources are deployed to the prioritized Sourcing initiatives and ongoing operational work.
• Partnering and collaborating cross-functionally with senior leaders, strategic planners, and finance leadership to help advance the Global Sourcing agenda.
• Measuring and reporting progress against Sourcing strategic priorities & operations, and partnering with Strategic Planning in reporting out quarterly results (QBR)
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
• MBA or advanced degree is highly preferred. 2 additional years' experience in lieu of an advanced degree
• Minimum of 8 years' total experience (3 years' experience post MBA) in strategic planning, operations management, management consulting, finance or related fields.
• Strategic thinker with great attention to detail
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and provide program management support
• Outstanding problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills
• Ability to author executive-ready, high-impact presentations and communicate complex topics simply
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Ability to pass a criminal background check
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00419579